Share This Page:

Members' Training Schedules

All Royal Marines related articles, frequently asked questions and other useful information in here.
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

I used to do loads of training but have been neglecting it for the last 6 months. Only been doing on and off training. Hopefully ill get there. Im not going all the way to Lympstone to fail.
Wee Willy Winkie

Post by Wee Willy Winkie »

YOU DAMN RIGHT YOU AINT GOING THERE TO FAIL SON!!!! just keep it in your mind mate and 'think of the benefits' as they say. At least you should be quite fit having done training about 6 months ago. Andy
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

A year ago I was fit, and 6 months ago I thought id be fit enough for the PRMC. Now im not. But at least I know I can get fit though. Just worried about the time at the moment. If I dont get fit enough id probably go to uni and give myself 3 years - then id attempt to go in as an officer.
Nade

Post by Nade »

I dont think peopel really need to train for a year unless they are extremely fat etc.. and need to work on loosing the weight aswell as getting fitter. I think 3 months would be fine, just work really hard and im sure eveything will come together.
Im not really doing a training programme just now, but im getting out every now and then for a run and circuits. but not enough to get proper results. However after 4 runs at 4 miles I improved time from 28:30 to 25:40. And felt less tired than I did when I originally completed it in 28:30. So if you just work hard you can improve quickly. Then again everyone improves at there own speeds. But anyway, 1 year medium training then making it harder etc.. is a waste of time in my eyes as you prob wont need that long to improve and get to the standard.

Nade
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

yeah i'm like that, when i get ill or something and physically cannot train because i feel too bad or an injury, and then i lose my fitness, i know i can get fit again so it isnt really that hard for me to get fit again, the hardest part for me (when starting to get fit again - happened many times - wont happen again!!), is getting out the door knowing how hard the first run is going to be, because i dont go at a slow pace, i go hell for leather every run, which for me is good, because i improve ALOT doing it this way.

:)
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

I was like that for a bit. Id go for a run, get knackered quickly and loose all my motivation. You just have to tell yourself that unless you keep the training up you wont get fit and you will always get tired.
ghostreacon

training

Post by ghostreacon »

Hi i want to join the commandoes at the age of 16
I have not started a training programme yet ( ive done press ups,sit ups and pull ups now and then) i would consider myself to be fit but not fit enough for the prmc or the 30 weeks of training. Has anyone got a training programme that could help me get fitter.

thanks!

luke !!
rod2dodge

Re: training

Post by rod2dodge »

ghost how fit is fit, a few pressups and situps now and then really isn't going to build up your upper body strength. go and have a chat with one of the couriers officers down at your nearest recuitment centre, have a rough plan of your weekly training schedule, he'll give you help with your training and how long he thinks it will take u to get up to scratch. u get an info pack and a training booklet. base your training around that but you'll need to do more to pass your prmc. theres a book called fighting fit, which i based my training on, i have a month to go til my prmc. heres my training programme, have been training hard now since september, stepped up to this intensity last month. i do max pressups, then women press, situps, pullups, to failure x 2 every nite.

mon -

morn - swim 35min
- test 3 mile run
eve - group circuits

tues -

morn - weights upper
eve - swim 35min
- run 30 min
- row 15min

wed -

morn - swim 35 min
- run 1hr
eve - group circuits

thurs -

morn - weights
eve - swim 35min

fri -

morn - swim 35min
- speed interval training
eve - boxercise

sat rest

sun - 1hr fartlek run

hope this helps, good luck
ghostreacon

Post by ghostreacon »

rod2dodge
thanks for all your help i will start that training straight away!!
i am reasonable fit i have no problems with running it is the pull ups and press ups i struggle with. Good luck on your prmc!

thanks ghost!!
Skiffle

Post by Skiffle »

ghostreacon,

Read the first few pages of this thread, there's quite a few different training programs available for information and even some suggested circuits you could do. 8)

Anything else after that, just ask away 8)
Chaos, Disorder, Destruction.....My work here is done!

"The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been. --- Alan Ashley Pitt"

Why can't you accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
Cairnzy

Post by Cairnzy »

hey lads,
i've just setup my new training routine for the next couple of weeks and was wondering wot u's think of the new schedule, do u think it too much or just right, oh and should i include uphill power sprinting?

-----------------------------
MONDAY

-Bleep test(best effort)
-Circuits
TUESDAY

-30min run medium pace
-Circuits
WEDNESDAY

-Rest
THURSDAY

-30min run medium pace
-Circuits
FRIDAY

-Bleep test(best effort)
-Circuits
SATURDAY

-Rest
------------------------------
SUNDAY

-3mile run in quickest time
-Max ciruits
------------------------------

CIRCUITS(repeated x3)
Press-ups 35
Sit-ups 60
Inclined pull-ups 25

cheers lads :wink:
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

Im no expert but maybe you could subsitute one of the bleep tests for a interval or fartlek session. A bleep test is just that - a test. Practising it may help but using it as a means to get fit may not benefit you. On your rest days do some cycling or swimming to keep your muscles from stiffening up. Works for me.
douguk

Post by douguk »

hey guys, how do you all measure how many miles you've done if you're not running on a treadmill?
beardo

Post by beardo »

Go round on a bike or car and measure it on the speedo/mileometer
douguk

Post by douguk »

thanks beardo, i prefer running in the park so i'm gonna get a speedometer and persuade/force my little brother to follow on his bike!

Doug