Share This Page:

Potential Royal Marines Fitness Schedule

All Royal Marines related articles, frequently asked questions and other useful information in here.
Chester

Post by Chester »

But its the joints that i will have trouble with cutting down....
Thinking of earning a Green Beret should be enough to help you cut down
and eventually stop

Knew a pongo who had the same trouble, he switched to pure bongs and pipes and ended up making himself 'white' so often, it put him off smoking gange forever

The Corps itself 'realises' that there is a 'chemical generation' and that applicants may have misused drugs in the past..... but it won't tolerate it at all in the future

You have to declare that you understand their drug policy on your AFCO4 form (application to join the forces)[/quote]
Last edited by Chester on Tue 29 Apr, 2003 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[color=white].[/color]
When not awake, I am often found asleep
Drum @ Bass Solider

Post by Drum @ Bass Solider »

Loose the joints or don't bother going any further! You will NOT get past the medical if you have any illegal substances detected and you will not ever be accepted. Simple really... what do you want more; joints or the Corps? Drugs and service life do not mix and beleive me when I say that if I saw any recruit or trainned rank doing drugs I would arrest them and take them to the SIB myself... of that you can have no doubt!
I know how the Royal Marines feel about drugs, and they right to not let people in who take drugs. Sticky Blue have u ever smoke a joint ? And I know that I have to give it up I understand that, but it dont change the fact thats what I do, i'm not some sick crack head getting out my nut every night if thats what u think.

I smoke it socially with friends just like going down the pub. Its much apart of my life as going down the pub. I used to do bongs and all that but i have cut back latley. Plus me and my best mate used to get high all the time, untill 8 months ago when he decided to join the army. He is training 4 the Royal Green Jackets. So its mind over matter really.

I wana be a Royal Marine because they said I cant be 1 ! :snipersmile: :drinking:
Drum @ Bass Solider

No, never tried it and never wanted to either. I don't even like taking prescription drugs!
I know what drugs can do and lead to, I know people who have taken them with very few effects and people who have lost everyting due to taking them. In the services drug takers, be it true or not, are not in for long because they are not dependable. I know a couple of lads who did magic mushrooms and LSD in the 70s. They will not touch booze now because they are afraid of loosing control. They STILL get flashbacks! I have seen one occassion when one of them was doing 50mph down a country lane and a brick wall appeared in the road in front of him. Luckily, for him, he had a soft landing and was unhurt. He was lucky. I have never seen a man so scared in my life as he was that day. I have seen men scared before and this was not a pretty sight.
Yes but I dont take Magic Mushrooms or LSD, and if u drive while taking magic mushrooms and LSD then well u r asking r it , I only smoke joints to me its just like lighting up a fag. But thats because I have been doing 4 years, I dont expect u to have any unerstanding about smoking cannibis cus u have no experience, i am not saying its right. All I want to do now is to stop it so I can train 4 the Royal Marines.

Jason :drinking:
dan

Post by dan »

Just stop. Forget cutting down, it doesn't work. Chuck your fags and hash in the bin and swap it all for a hard run and exercise every day. if you focus in getting in shape to join Her Majestys finest, you'll want to avoid it all anyway. Go for it! More do less talk!
Aye, DAN
Drum @ Bass Solider

Cheers Danny boy I think thats the kick up the arse that i needed. Training is my new drug. :drinking: :rainbowafro:
Cronkilla

Post by Cronkilla »

I have smoked hash and weed. To be honest theres nothing they can do a couple of pints wont. Stop being a muppet and stop it. Drink plenty of water 8+ pints a day and do some endurance work and you will soon loose the urge.
Oakers

Rush

Post by Oakers »

D&B soldier,
everything sticks has said is right. He is not trying to preach to you simply guide you. If you don't jack it in then basically you're never going to get in the Corps. They wont even look at you if your urine tests come back pos and if you make it in and then have a smoke while on leave then not only will they hang draw and quarter you but you'll get dishonurably discharged, may wind up with a criminal record and dependant on the circumstances may find yourself in Military correctional facility like the glasshouse in Colly. Not a good move mate.

Anyway the best buzzes you cold ever get you'll get in the Corps. As a young bit of skin the best high I'd had to date was when I heard the words "Royal Marines, to do your duites, quick march". It just got better after that.

Sack it bud, get your head squared away and get fit, join the Corps.
Jon

Post by Jon »

If the Marines find out that you are taking illegal drugs, they wont have you. They dont care wether its one splif or one pound of cocaine, you do drugs, your not getting a beret. Not only are drugs illegal, they affect your health, mentally and physically. The Marines want very fit individuals who can think clearly on thier feet.

I have smoked weed. But thats all in my past. I've been clean for years and I now know the benefits of maintaining a fit and healthy life. You may smoke it with your mates, but at the end of the day this is no excuse. The police find out, your in the shit. If the Marines find out, they wont have you.

Stamina is one important feature of a Royal Marine Commando. Smoking tobacco affects this. Quick thinking is also important, weed affects this.
The Best Is Yet To Come
lodgi

Post by lodgi »

Can they tell if you've taken ecstacy years before the tests? How long does it take so they can't find any trace in the tests?
Twenty One

Post by Twenty One »

DRUGS FOR MUGS. The last thing I would want is some half baked idiot high on drugs looking after my arse in any active service.Drop them if you want to be a Marine.
Dissent Protects Democracy,Gezza Brek!
Dave_Billing

Drugs

Post by Dave_Billing »

I don't want to stir up the sh1t or anything but why is being stewed on alcohol ok? I never could figure that one out.
:-?
...Dave...
Twenty One

Post by Twenty One »

Yes booze and all, it has it's place definately not on duty.The last bloke that was supposed to look after my mates and me, got a helluva sore face for being drunk and carrying a rifle.He never did it again!
Dissent Protects Democracy,Gezza Brek!