Share This Page:

Potential Royal Marines Fitness Schedule

All Royal Marines related articles, frequently asked questions and other useful information in here.
Utrinique Paratus

Post by Utrinique Paratus »

I don't wanna be one of you bootneck lot lads, I wanna join Britains FINEST, The Parachute Rgeiment, whey! Only two more years till I can a sI want to be an Officer, but seriously the drugs issue.NO, what is the point really, would you really want to sacrifice something, which in my case you've asspired to your ENTIRE LIFE for a bit of a buzz which costs you money and health, ganja affects your memory FOREVER if you smoke it a lot which it sounds like some of you do, when it come sto your weapons handling test, whcih is only about 6 weeks in to the course in RM as I know as my bro is currently under training, and is essential that you pass, how would you feel knowing that because of a few joints too many you couldn't remember the details. FCUK DRUGS. Had a dabble, but it ain't worth it, the sense of pride you get from nkowing how much you're bettering yourself in trainging and betaing personal bests is a wicked enough rush, and that chill you'll egt down your spine, when you realise 'I'm one of Britain's Elite' and then eharing the drummers beat, well I think that could top a drug rush any day, that feeling will stay with you forever and instea dof paying some guy named 'Leroy Mandell' or something such to kill your brain cells, you get paid for the rush. Quite an inspirational piece I think for a 16 year old, but that's why the Para's are better versed than bootnecks I guess. HA HA only kidding bootys, when the Red & green get into a team, one thing we cna both agree on, no stopping the Red & Green fighting machine, point you towards the broken Argies that were in Port Stanley. Easy guys.
Oakers

Post by Oakers »

You certainly seem like you'll fit straight into the Paras mate. All the best Oakers :wink:
Benn

Post by Benn »

Classic stuff ;)
[size=75]
[b]I cheated in the final of my metaphysics examination: I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me. - Woody Allen[/b][/size]
Mheyda

erm

Post by Mheyda »

I started that programme thing 3 days ago and I was wondering if it mattered if I run 15 mins for the aerobic excersises when it says do cycling or swimming??

and is there any other exercise that can replace the incline pull ups as i cant work out how to do them.

hope that made sense
rabby

Post by rabby »

Most people don't bother with the incline pull ups, its difficult to find suitable equipment to do them, and personally I don't think doing them is of much use anyway.
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Mheyda

Post by Mheyda »

So should it matter if i dont do the cycling and swimming and do running instead. I dont see how it should.

And has anyone followed this programme thing strictly and actually got in.
Hi-guys!

Post by Hi-guys! »

Mheyda wrote:So should it matter if i dont do the cycling and swimming and do running instead. I dont see how it should.

And has anyone followed this programme thing strictly and actually got in.

do 20 hour cycle in 5 mins
k m8
Jon

Post by Jon »

The incline pull up is a decent exercise, even though i do neglect it myself.
What you do is go to argos and buy a pull up bar, which fits into your doorframe. Screw the metal caps into the wall, which are used for the pull up. There should also be two rubber caps that screw into the frame low down, for sit ups. However, screw the two rubber caps into the frame about 1 meter off the ground and hey presto - equipment for inclined pull up in your own bedroom.
The Best Is Yet To Come
ash2003

Post by ash2003 »

I did that too jon :) People think they'll be totally pi$$ but they are actually quite hard if u do em rite.

Ash
Cronkilla

Post by Cronkilla »

The idea behind different aerobic exercise to stop you getting bored,injurys and work different muscles.

I used the red stoppers for situps,never did the inclined pullups as i.......i mean somebody else broke 2 chairs trying.
simonm

Post by simonm »

Isn't a doorway a bit narrow though ? should your elbows go out or into your sides like a mne pressup
If it aint hurtin it aint worth it
dannyd

Post by dannyd »

I think a doorway would be a bit narrow too. I've got a chin-up bar in one of my doorways at home and I find it sometimes a bit narrow even for chin-ups.

The way I do the incline pull ups is to put one end of my barbell on my desk and the other end on my desk chair. It's a bit unstable but it works. As for missing out the incline pull ups I don't reckon it's a good idea. True they may not give you any major benefit but they're hardly going to be doing you any harm are they? Every little helps. Also with my short and limited experience of the RMR we used to do incline pull ups a lot as there was a certain Capt who was very fond of them.

simonm - cheers for the earlier thread on press ups (2 mins with ten sec pauses) I've been doing them for just over a week now and have already seen my maximums increase. :D (though they aren't half painful)
simonm

Post by simonm »

Glad I could help mate.
If it aint hurtin it aint worth it
Baz

Post by Baz »

Incline pull ups. the equipment is readliy availble for those. Everyone has some sort of kiddies play park near them. When the kids are at school or ater dark run down to your local park and do you workout there. I used to do them under a kiddies slide in the park. Feet facing the bottom end, head facing the top end, just grab either side of the slide and pump out the reps.

Baz