Share This Page:

Potential Royal Marines Fitness Schedule

All Royal Marines related articles, frequently asked questions and other useful information in here.
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

As jay says, 30-60 secs, you need to maintain the pressure but with a short pause to slow your breathing.
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

for situps, i do 200, then rest for 10 seconds, do another 30 sit ups, rest for 10 seconds, do another 30, rest for 10 seconds, do another 30, rest for 10 seconds, do another 30, rest for 10 seconds, do another 30, rest for 10 seconds, do another 30.

yes its hard, but it works 8)
Wannabe

Post by Wannabe »

freak wrote:I have done a pdf of this if anyone wants to print it....

Hosting anyone?

JD
Where is it please?
jonboy

Post by jonboy »

edit
Last edited by jonboy on Fri 10 Sep, 2004 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alright
Statistic

Post by Statistic »

Don't worry you will reach those levels in no time, just work your arse off. Its wierd tho, when you start getting to these levels you forget how crazy they looked when you started the program.
(I would recomend increasing the amount of things is says to do after a few weeks other wise its to easy)

With regard to the fitness difference between regular and reserve - there is none. You have to be just as fit as the regulars (Lets not forget possess all the same qualities to the same degree as the regulars, etc, etc).

Good luck,
Aye,
JZ
"Nobody said it was gonna be easy!"
m4tt

Post by m4tt »

This program is a great base, but having just passed prmc, I reckon you have to do much more to give yourself a good chance. I got the impression that prmc was not really about getting good scores in gym test 1, they expect you to. To me it was about pushing you to the point that you would usually consider your limit and then pushing you even further, to see how you cope and how much you are willing to give. Train hard guys, you need to.
Drum @ Bass Solider

Post by Drum @ Bass Solider »

I just wana say cheers to all the people who have posted info on the kind of training that the Royal Marines and your selfs do. It's help me alot, and boy do I need it.

I wana join the Royal Marines, but my fitness was 0 up untill about 5 months ago. I used to eat currys, chines, kebabs, pizzas ( I am not some fat bastard I only weight 13 stone, i am about 5,11 ) after falling out of the pub, which was nearly every night. Plus I used to and still do to a point smoke like a mad Jamaican. But I wana put that shit in the past I had 7 VERY HIGH years, but I am 20 now and I wana do some thing good with my life. So please if u have any tips of getting fit 4 the Royal Marines please post them cheers. Cus i need it. :drinking:
dan

Post by dan »

Quit smoking. Some guys can smoke and be fit as f*ck. Personally, I packed it in about 7 months ago because there was no way I could build up my fitness and keep on gagging on a fag. One lad on my PRMC (pale chap with a seemingly endless trail of smoke coming out of his mouth) told me how he went for a run, got a few steps in then lit up and carried on a 'brisk walk', ciggie in mouth! I thought, 'he's got to fail if there's any justice'. He got level 13 on the bleep test. :evil:

Don't overdo the kebabs and curries either. Some guys will swear religiously that you shouldn't drink or eat rubbish at all. I save one or two days a week for eating what I want and having a few beers, just don't make a habit out of it. As for exercise, try to do 5 days a week fitness, loadsa running, swimming, circuits and weights and in no time you'll be feeling very fit.
Aye, DAN
Drum @ Bass Solider

Cheers Dan, well if I wana join the Royal Marines then I got give some shit up. So u reccently passed the 30 weeks ? How was it ? :drinking:
dan

Post by dan »

Nah, passed the Potential Royal Marines Course! 3 days of beasting, hard work and spilling your guts out. After your interview, medical and apptitude test the PRMC is what you have to pass to be accepted for recruit training. I start June 2nd. Don't be fooled though, you need to be really fit for the PRMC!! It's worth packing in the fags, I did and I feel fitter than ever with the added feeling of pride at what I achieved. If you want any info about the entire selection procedure PM me, I just finished it!
Aye, DAN
jonboy

Post by jonboy »

I used to smoke fags often to, but your find the more u train the more u dont want to smoke. Now i buy a pack of 10 and it will last me the month! 1 fag every now and then with a cupa cant hurt, unless your 1 of these people who have to give up totaly or smoke 20 a day and if that is the case give up for good.
alright
Drum @ Bass Solider

Well I am not 1 off those people who smoke 20 or so a day, i have around about 5 or so a day. But 5 to much these days, i think i will have to cut down slowly. But its the joints that i will have trouble with cuting down....

So jonboy r u in the Marines or u looking to go in 4 it ??
jonboy

Post by jonboy »

Looking to go for it. Dont try any of the things people normaly tell u to try about cutting down (patches, mints etc crap), just stick to the fitness schedule, that will do it.
alright
Drum @ Bass Solider

I suppose its all about will power... hahah, I am f@#k. Your right I nedd to get into some kind of routine, then hopefuly I will smoke less and less.

So what made u think of joining the Royal Marines ??
:drinking: :dance:
Cronkilla

Post by Cronkilla »

I watched on TV during the royal marines landing in iraq a booty obviously knackered with a bag i could fit into stop ,drop the bag and light up a fag and sigh with relieve.