Share This Page:

21/23 SAS

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
DomWillis84

21/23 SAS

Post by DomWillis84 »

Hi all,

Seriously considering applying for SAS(R) 21/23 and I have spoken to a specific det. Anyway, the story is they want me to start tabbing several miles a day to get used to walking with weight. I need to know what standard issue boots are in there as Ill get myself a pair to break in.

If someone could answer my question it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dom

Also, this is not my name.
DomWillis84

Re: 21/23 SAS

Post by DomWillis84 »

Also, I'm not calling up the det again to find out something like that, they'll think im a right cock for wasting their time.
ofens

Post by ofens »

The smart thing to do would be to call them, and ask:
"Will I have to wear issue boots, or can I wear my own?"
Any odd job could answer you on here, claiming to know it all.

Boots are the most important bit of kit you'll ever own in this job, if you can't get to the fight then you're no good...therefore it is not a stupid question to ask.
You will probably find the answer is you can use any black military boot except for the running/trainer types (Magnum, Adidas).
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
willmackie

Post by willmackie »

DomWillis84 wrote:Hi all,

Seriously considering applying for SAS(R) 21/23 and I have spoken to a specific det. Anyway, the story is they want me to start tabbing several miles a day to get used to walking with weight. I need to know what standard issue boots are in there as Ill get myself a pair to break in.

If someone could answer my question it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dom

Also, this is not my name.
Dom, sorry to go off on a tangent with your thread but are you currently in the TA or are you looking to join straight to the SAS(R)?

I'm new to the whole TA thing (having my interview soon) and was just wondering how "advanced" you have to be in terms of fitness etc.
I don't know anyone else in the TA and you're the first person I've seen post about joining SAS(R).
How far along are you in the process?

Cheers.
Sorry again for asking questions unrelated to the thread.

(P.S, I hear that some wear Adidas GSG6 tactical boots) obviously I'm not in a position to tell you definitively but it's what I've heard.