Share This Page:

Going to join the TA.

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
spark82

Going to join the TA.

Post by spark82 »

Hi all,
Just after some information about joining the TA. Currently I am self employed as a domestic electrician and wish to expand my skills. Where within the TA would I be looking to join, I live in Grantham Lincs if that is of help. Also I would like to know could I do my basic training as a TA then in a few years when I am more financially better off could I join the regular army, 28 years old at present.
Do the regular army look down on the TA ie.. take the piss etc..
Have got a interview at Lincoln this Thursday and just started to train again to get fitter, Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for looking, Lee.
Tab

Re: Going to join the TA.

Post by Tab »

Are you a qualified electrician and if so why do you want to join the Army. Many years ago I was doing a three year course as an Electrical Engineer [City & Guilds] which these days would have been equal to a University degree. Guess what I was called up just before the finial exam so that buggered all that up. So one will wonder what level you have achieved when you could do so much better on the outside.
Now if you join the TA you could get shipped to Afghanistan for six months which wont help your business.
MSI64

Re: Going to join the TA.

Post by MSI64 »

Tab sorry to cut and paste but

Now if you join the TA you could get shipped to Afghanistan for six months which wont help your business.

Only if he volunteers for deployment!!!

What are you looking at getting from the TA? What career line are you looking for?
Living in Grantham then you know the TA Centre there is home to the RLC TA. this will be the place you come to do your basic training probably as your so close.
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)