Share This Page:

Fitness

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
Calamity_Jane

Fitness

Post by Calamity_Jane »

Looking through the posts, a lot of them go on about fitness, but no one has actually mentioned the level of fitness you need..

Can anyone please tell me the standards for females?

Thank you in advance

xx
King_duck

Post by King_duck »

slow....veeeerrryyyy veeerrrryyyy slow.... depends who you join i guess.... run a mile and a half in about 10:30 and you'll be fine
Clean

Post by Clean »

Well you must basically be able to run 1.5 under 14 mins and they moan if you are young and take over 10 mins, you will also need to be able to do 50 push ups and sit ups in 2 mins.

When you go for your 2 weeks you must be able to do a 4mile forced jog with kit in like 1 hour if i remember. Sorry if thats not all right im barly awake
King_duck

Post by King_duck »

Well, the "4 mile forced jog with kit" is half of a regular CFT... So 4 miles, 1 hour and (this seems t vary a touch) 45lbs plus food and water.
Clean

Post by Clean »

Does that mean i actually listened and responded helpfully to a post :D
chris78290

Post by chris78290 »

nope, because your 50 press ups and sit ups in 2 minutes bit was bollocks
King_duck

Post by King_duck »

lol, well..... I wouldnt quite say it was bollocks.... To get the top score you do need something like 56 pess-ups in two minutes! I'm sure a PTI could give us the BPFA details.
Clean

Post by Clean »

I said 50 sit ups in 2 mins and 50 push ups in 2 mins. My PTI said so :o
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

very few people passed the bpfa when i was at grantham out of about 90 odd people, but only about 14 went home, and they were the last 14 or so to finish the run

i came 4th so mine was fine but on my mates report it said a fail on his bpfa because he did the run in about 11 minutes, but he still finished 17th so you dont need to pass

if your running ridiculously slow like 15 minutes kind of slow you will be sent home but you could walk half way round and still come in faster than that, and other than the run and a couple dropping out on the bcft no-one else got rtu'd no matter how daft they were so basically if you dont get sent home on the run youve passed the course, provided you havent got an attitude problem and even then youll probably pass out as one of the biggest w*nkers on the course won best recruit as they base it on written test results at grantham which is p*ss poor

a lot of women struggle on the bcft but dont worry, get right to the front as it will make it much easier for you, and dont worry as the pti will usually encourage women to go to the front so your not being selfish, the reason you need to get to the front is there are some lazy jack b*stards in the T.A that will do the bare minimun, and if your stuck behind several of these people gaps will open up in between ranks and the pti will order you to close up which means everyone behind the gap will have to run which makes it twice as hard when you keep having to sprint every hundred yards, it didnt bother me because i didnt even break sweat but there were some poor lumpy jumpers stuck behind some selfish w*nkers who were making it hard for them, and to thier credit they past and one girl deserved best recruit more than anyone, especially the lazy sh*t in our troop that won it
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

Clean wrote:I said 50 sit ups in 2 mins and 50 push ups in 2 mins. My PTI said so :o
thats for a green pass, as well as a 10:30 run which very few t.a acheive on basic
mike_B

Post by mike_B »

thats for a green pass, as well as a 10:30 run which very few t.a acheive on basic
Very few acheive on basic...!? You're telling me that the majority of TA Recruits can't even get the minimum score on the BPFA?

If that is true it is atrocious.

Mike_b
Calamity_Jane

For People Who Are Joining The RLC

Post by Calamity_Jane »

Just so that you are aware, this is what you need to do as a Minimum to pass the BAFT test and it goes for both males and females:-

Run:- 14.30mins anything after this you will be told to do it again!

Press Ups & Sit Ups:- What ever the minimum is for your age and gender (however they do not really fail you on this). To get a good enough mark you need to be only a few off the minimum standard. So the more you can do the better!

Hope this helps. Ive just passed TAF2 and will be going onto the 2 week training, so if you would like any help or advise please just ask

Calamity Jane
x
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

mike_B wrote:
Very few acheive on basic...!? You're telling me that the majority of TA Recruits can't even get the minimum score on the BPFA?

If that is true it is atrocious.

Mike_b
either cant or cant be bothered, only 4 of us came in under 9:30, out of those 4 i was the only one that did both the required press-ups and sit-ups to get a green pass (over 50)

i dont care as long as im not a biff, i make sure i pass stuff
sd

Post by sd »

IN MY EXPERIENCE U COULD DO THE FITNESS TEST WITH A ZIMMER + A STOOKIE AND STILL GET IN DEPENDING ON THE UNIT.IT JUST MEANS U HAVE TO IMPROVE TO GET YOUR BOUNTY