Share This Page:

Re-joining the forces?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines Reserve.
skidmark11

Re-joining the forces?

Post by skidmark11 »

Evening gents.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I joined the army (regs - Royal Engineers) back in November 2008 and progressed through the 1 year+ long training (basic, combat engineering, trade course). I was in for about a year when, around 2 months through my trade course, I decided to leave. I basically became disollusioned with where my life was going at the time. I was sick to death of training and, now, looking back I know it was a terrible decision. My career on a whole wasn't bad, got some good mates (who I still keep in touch with) and had some great times. Despite this, at the time I didn't think all of this was a good reason to stay. I wasn't happy for the last couple of months of my time in the army and as a result I left. I thought it was the right thing to do at the time.

I went down the medical route, but they weren't convinced of any kind of depression and simply put it down to the fact that I didn't want to be there, and they weren't going to keep me there if I didn't want to do it. They put my discharge down as - tempramentally unsuitable for army service.

It's been a year since I left. I went back home and went to college, working a sh*tty shop job since then.

Would there be any way the RMR would recruit me after leaving the army?

Cheers in advance for any replies.
Bravo

Re: Re-joining the forces?

Post by Bravo »

If you were so unhappy verging on depression in the army then why would you want to go back?