Share This Page:

Failed Test

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines Reserve.
agapito

Failed Test

Post by agapito »

I feel like such a failure, and stupid...it's unbelievable how stupid i feel the reason for this post is i've failed my aptitude test, can you believe that guys. any criticism ill take with open arms.
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

If you want to be a Marine - don't give up now.
[b]"Pain is weakness leaving the body"[/b]
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

agapito,

I sat the Naval service recruiting test as well in September and in my mind I failed as well. Basically, although I just about passed, I didn't get the scored required for Royal Marine Officers. I felt stupid but realised where my mistakes where.

1) Worked myself into a panic
2) Didn't do enough revision
3) Didn't take it seriously enough to the last second (see point above)

I thought "that's it, I'm never going to make it as an RM Offiicer". But the WO2 at the AFCO who debreifed me said "Don't let it disheartned you!". At first I was like, "Yeah, that's alright for you to say that!" but then I realised

I want to be an Officer in the Royal Marines!

So forget the failure and move on. Nothing else you can do excpet practice, practice and more practice. You can do it- it's not impossible. You aren't the first to fail, nor will you be the last! If you want to be in the RM then don't give up now! Will be happy to ask any questions if you have any.

David
gleneagles

Post by gleneagles »

I have recently taken my psychometric test and am looking to apply for officer after a few years in the RMR whilst in university. Just wondering what the pass requirement is for officer. I scored 97 out of 120, I realise a pass for general duties is 47 but what do you need for officer?

P.S, listen mate, at least you had the balls to turn up for the test, one guy I knew worked himself up so much he decided not to go and dropped out that early on. Keep at it. If you failed to get 50 press ups you wouldn't quit, you would train till you could do it, it shouldn't be any different with this!

Good Luck in the future!
agapito

Thanks guys

Post by agapito »

Well in the revision booklets I didn't revise for the RE TEST because it says in my booklet you might not take it unless you're applying as a "Navy artificer" but I won't give up I wasn't planning on giving up.

I just feeel disappointed and gutted..and thanks really made me feel better.
shazza

Post by shazza »

Wow can't imagine how you feel :-?

I'm going to the careers office in February when I am back in the UK and my biggest fear of all times is failing! I keep saying to myself I wont fail if I really want it but I'm sh*t scared :-? but I guess that is normal isn't it??

I think the reason I'm scared of failing is that everytime I've decided to go for something it was just another phase and I ended up changing my mind but I'm really going to go for it this time

Just keep your goal in front of your eyes and you can make it!

''The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure..!''