Share This Page:

RMR BRISTOL intake

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines Reserve.
batess01

RMR BRISTOL intake

Post by batess01 »

hello,
I am intrested in joining the RMR in Bristol.
I was told that if i got my aplication sorted before the Presentation evening on 7th march, then i could shed time off the whole process.

My question is:

Is it possible with my current situation for me to be considered for the next intake (which i beleive is towards the end of march)?

Next question:

Is there anyone going to RMR in Bristol at the moment here? and if so could they PM me, thank you!

Thanks for your time,
Seb
TT

Post by TT »

I am hoping to join RMR Bristol (Poole Detachment). I have been to a presentation evening and handed all the paperwork in and am now waiting for the PJFT/Interview/medical.

Skates on I'd suggest otherwise it's September. . . .
PhilM

Post by PhilM »

I'm also applying for RMR Bristol (Cardiff Det), starting the process now, but with a view to joining summer onwards, so September is ideal, can't spare the time before then really due to it being the last 3 months of university.

Goodluck lads :D
TT

Post by TT »

Interview completed, PJFT passed and medical sorted. I'm hoping to be allowed down to Poole on wednesday nights now but need to clear that with RMR Bristol. Is this likely to be a problem?

Any other lads having trouble with their forms? I've been told that my security clearance may prove to be my undoing due to the time it takes to get the papers through. I can't attest until I'm cleared . . .

I have 2 weeks until the first weekend but have been previously cleared (joined RT in 2005) so hoping this may help things along.

Hope you other lads are getting on ok.
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Alright lads,

I thought i'd tag onto this thread as im hoping to be re-joining RMR Bristol for the Phase One that starts in September i believe. I got in contact with the recruiting Cpl in january and had considered trying to get in for the one in March but as im finishing off my degree at the moment and have a full work load i decided against it.

I was told though that RMR Bristol does now have a holding troop, so hopefully i can get involved with that when i finish Uni in June and then just wait for the September phase one to start.

Anyway lads, best of luck with your paperwork and what not, i know it can be a nightmere.

dwarfy