Share This Page:

RMR Selection and training - a blow by blow account

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines Reserve.
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

So whats going on with this topic then? Did you pass selection? Wulf, seeing your sig I guess you did! Well done mate. Got anything to add to this post? How did you find it?

Will
Chrisbrum

Post by Chrisbrum »

At the moment there's no new developments on this front, as for me personally, I'm still attending holding troop (although we're on easter leave at the moment, thank god, as I'm full of cold!). I'm still awaiting my medical, which has been delayed due to problems getting hold of my old medical docs from the TA.

I will update this as soon as there are any developments, but selection isn't til September, so it's all pretty slow at the moment.

Chris
RMR
Written Test - Passed
Eye Test - Passed
Interview - Passed
Medical - Awaiting date
Rhyno13

Post by Rhyno13 »

Hey, how's the training coming on? Must be selection soon?
Give us an update!!
TT

Post by TT »

I'll stick up a phase one "diary" up once it's out of the way in Oct
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

Any updates?

Very interested in this, as I will be in the exact same position as you are this September 08.

I will also be applying for the Birmingham detachment as a student from Coventry University.

Thanks a lot for you're time and effort. :)
[b]"Pain is weakness leaving the body"[/b]
jm745

Post by jm745 »

Alright Chris, I'm thinking about joining the RMR this September, Birmingham detachment. Just wondering if I sorted out everything for it soon would I be able to attend a few Hunter Troop nights? Or is it too late? Many lads under 20 there?

Joe
DOUGHNUT

just

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Just to confirm chris mate you joining RMR till you finish Uni then transfering to full time RM?
Psychometric Test: Passed
Eye test: Passed
Interview: Passed
Medical:
PJFT:
PRMC:
RMT:
Chrisbrum

Apologies for the (very!) long absence!!

Post by Chrisbrum »

Hello all,

Thought I should clear up what happened here as I dropped off the radar for over a year and this thread never went any further!

Unfortunately when I went for my medical with the RMR I failed almost before I'd walked in the door as I've dislocated my shoulder on numerous occassions. Apparently if it only happens once (as it had when I was in the TA) then they'll pass you, but if it comes out a 2nd time it's an automatic fail.

It's not the end of the road though - I'm going in for surgery on Wednesday this week to have my shoulder stabilised. Hopefully if the operation is successful and my shoulder doesn't pop out again for 12 months after the operation I'll be eligible to apply again, although this time I'll be going for the POC for the regulars, as to join RM as an officer you have to have started training at Lympstone by your 26th birthday. I'm nearly 24 now so I've got quite a narrow window of opportunity once this operation is out of the way!

So unfortunately I'm not going to be able to post any more about RMR selection, as I've had to discount it as a possibility. That said, if anyone else is in a position to pick up where I left off I'm sure there will be a lot of grateful people on this board!

All the best, and wish me luck! I think it's going to be a long year!!
RMR
Written Test - Passed
Eye Test - Passed
Interview - Passed
Medical - Awaiting date
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

Hi Chris,

I'm going for RM Officer after uni. Quick question, what was your experiance of the OTC whilst you were at uni? Heard some mixed reactions, just wondered how they were viewed at your particular University? Good luck in the future mate,

David