Share This Page:

Finally decided

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
Nimbard

Finally decided

Post by Nimbard »

Oook after many weeks of thinking and reading these boards i've finally decided that the RAF Regiment is for me damn that took a long time to make my mind up... just going to get this driving test passed before I apply or anything, just thought i'd make myself known anyhow. :D
Without Pain, Without Sacrifice!
RobT

Post by RobT »

Good for you mate, go for it. Dont know how you came to that decision seen as theres about 3 RAF reg members here compared with 477287648273872183 bootnecks. Theres alot of slagging off but i've met them and they seemed decent blokes
Jason The Argonaut

Post by Jason The Argonaut »

Nimbard when you first came to the forum was you not thinking of joining the Royal Marines ? I might have got you mixed up with some one else mate.
I fight for my corner and secondly I leave when the pub closes. - Winston Churchill [img]http://www.world-of-smilies.de/html/images/smilies/teufel/smilie_vampire.gif[/img]
Nimbard

Post by Nimbard »

Yeah I was Jason... But I then realised the only reason I was going for the RM was because of my brothers influence which isnt really a good enough reason to join as it seems as tho I was being pressured by him to join.

So I had a rethink about what I'd really like to do and found the RAF Regiment.
rabby

Post by rabby »

With that hair, you'll fit in perfectly!! :wink: :lol:
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Nimbard

Post by Nimbard »

took me many a year to perfect this hairstyle.... well so i like to think anyway hehe damn im smooooth 8) :lol:
RobT

Post by RobT »

As long as your hair covers your whole body and your good and grunting sounds you will fit in perfectly!

Rob :wink:
Nimbard

Post by Nimbard »

Hair on the body.. oh no i've not much of that but i can make the grunting noises very well :lol: .

Im sure they will make exceptions just for me hehe as I do have the hair on the head.

Must ask whats with all the :wink: ing hehe it all seems to happen after you mention something about my apperance :o
RobT

Post by RobT »

the RAF Regiment are crying out for gunners at the moment like. I saw an advert in the Daily star this morning about it. It wasn't just an RAF advert either it was just for Gunners.

Now you've made your choice they won't let you slip i guess.
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Best of luck Nimbard, keep the cheeks nipped tight together your boots bulled and your uniform with the creases in the right places and you will make a good Rockape, just remember the old adage when your sergeant tells you to jump 3' in the air, just to be on the safe side jump 3' 6" :wink:

Be lucky and enjoy it, Honington, Suffolk first stop I reckon
Nimbard

Post by Nimbard »

Cheers for the in-depth information there Spanner hehe.

But yeah my main aim is to get through it and enjoy it as much as I can and ofcourse pass the driving test before anything else. 8)