Share This Page:

Question

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
podder

Question

Post by podder »

hey all, got a question for you. does anyone know if you can change to another service if youve already been in one. eg if you decide to leave RAF Regiment after 3 years of service, can you then go apply say for the marines or paras?? sorry if the question is not to clear.
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

Yes it is possible but not easy... they invest a lot of money in training you and don't want to have wasted the money so they can, and sometimes do, make it difficult. My question to you would be: Why not join the one you really want to join in the first place?
Drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed...
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
podder

Post by podder »

ermm good question.. basically i am going to join the raf regiment as i have wanted it for ages. i guess i was just worrying about if i wanted another challenge later on or wanted to move onto a more offensive role.

then i though i could join the RAF regiment (hopefully) to build up my fitness and get used to military life. then if i wanted to and could join the paras/marines i would have a far better chance as i would be fitter and have sum experience as well. i know i could build up my fitness at home and i have been, but i feel i will get a lot fiiter in the RAF than if i just train at home. <if that makes sense?? i did really want to join the RAF Regiment at first and it was all that wa son my mond but alot of people i have spoken to and some of the threads that have been posted has put a little indecision in my head again by some of their comments. :roll:
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

'ello mate,

I'd say stick to your guns with the RAF Regiment - if it's any consolation ive found out in my posts that you can take a para course (2 squadron) & also can get the opportunity to do an all arms commando course. That is my intention. If i can get a green lid + the para 'qualification' & remain in the RAF all the better. Take everything that is offered & make the most of an opportunity. You get out what you put in.

Hope that helped a little.

8)
podder

Post by podder »

yeah i heard about number 2 sqadron being para. thanks alot tattoo.. i decided thats what im gona do. good look to you in future