Share This Page:

Dating an RAF Man

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
Annabella

Dating an RAF Man

Post by Annabella »

I'm not sure if this is the right place but just really needed some advice please.
The guy I'm seeing we used to go out before we he was in the RAF.
We recently reconnected, he's mid 40's and divorced and lives alone.
Despite lots of communication on daily basis, he tends to avoid questions and seems very guarded too. It's like he'll say what I want to hear but that's it.
I know he was placed in some pretty horrific places but not anymore.
Seems to have loads of time for his mates yet he doesn't put any effort into meeting up.
Anytime I question him he says he's busy but it's like I'm at arms length to him. He was going to meet me but cancelled.
I thought due to how much he contacts, he was very keen and yet doesn't say... Can I take you out next week. To put it crudely, I had thought he was wanting to be intimate yet at a distance, he sure talks about that, which doesn't make me feel great particularly him being at a distance as there's no satisfaction for me and I don't understand why he doesn't want to be with me in real life.

As both of us are in our mid 40's I thought this may be going somewhere but now I just feel like he's leading me on as when I asked about his living arrangements, he's mentioned moving in with a friend of his. So it doesn't look like I feature in his future or he has any intention of a relationship and yet he texts all day, every day.

I feel like he has a wall up and it's frustrating. Of course he's not going to admit to anything but I feel like he definitely knows how he feels or what he's doing yet isn't telling me.

I just don't know what to do... I've tried to break contact several times yet he keeps coming back.
Tab

Re: Dating an RAF Man

Post by Tab »

This one decision that you will have to make your self. The RAF is nothing like Army for conditions of service and life in the RAF is a lot easier. I looks like you have things sorted in your mind, so if you are not to happy with things at the moment what makes you think that things will get better if the relationship comes more permanent
Hyperlithe

Re: Dating an RAF Man

Post by Hyperlithe »

Annabella, run a mile.
Nothing to do with him being in the RAF, or the military as a whole, he's just stringing you along and you deserve better. (This from a woman in the Forces) If he was really interested you would absolutely know it.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours