Share This Page:

Looking for a wooden propeller for Blind Veterans UK.

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
chocolate-teapot

Looking for a wooden propeller for Blind Veterans UK.

Post by chocolate-teapot »

Hi to everyone,

I work in the MPGS at RAF Valley and my platoon recently visited the Llandudno centre of Blind Veterans UK (formerly St. Dunstans), to undertake some charity work in their new woodland area.

Whilst there we were given a tour of the centre and we were shown 3 areas that were in the process of being done up in the themes of The Army, The Navy and The RAF. We were told that the only thing missing from the RAF themed area was a wooden propeller which, when found, would be mounted and given pride of place on the wall in the centre.

It is with this in mind that I am writing to find out if there is anyone out there that has access to a propeller that they are able to give to me so I may present it to Blind Veterans UK and help out this extremely valuable Armed Forces charity.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Blind Veterans UK help blind ex-Service men and women lead independent and fulfilling lives by supporting them with their in-depth expertise, experience and full range of services.

They give veterans much-needed support to adjust to sight loss, overcome the challenges of blindness and enjoy daily life. The charity has been offering physical and emotional support to vision impaired veterans since 1915.

With thanks in advance,

Pte Steve Small.