Share This Page:

Medical please help!!

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
Jeni

Medical please help!!

Post by Jeni »

I am a healthy female with no previous medical problems and very fit. Although last week I went to the Doctors and had my blood pressure taken and it was found to be high. I took a blood pressure kit home and all blood pressures since then have been fine! (all 21 of them!) I took them to the Dr and he says I have 'white coat syndrome' basically my blood pressure is higher at the Dr's but no where else. Will this exclude me from the RAF which I so desperatly want to join? I also think that high blood pressure was a one off and the machine may have been faulty has he had to take it twice because the first reading said error. I am a bit annoyed this has happened and would be angry if I can't join because of one reading!
Your help is much appreciated
coopesh56

Post by coopesh56 »

hey,
they take your blood pressure in your medical so if yours goes up when ever you see a doctor etc then it may cause problems. however im sure that if you can prove that it is normally at a good level then i cant see it being a major issue. although how you'd prove it was usually normal i dont know...

hope this helps, coopesh.
AST: passed
Interview: passed
Medical: passed
PRFT: passed
PRTC: passed
Final interview: passed
Intake to Halton: 19/08/09
Chosen trade: AMM Avionics.