Share This Page:

Quick question!

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
Roki

Quick question!

Post by Roki »

Hey there again, just had a real quick question - i should have asked this before i left base, or have called AFCO sooner [got a feeling its going to be closed today - and will confirm in abit if no one is able to help heh].

Anyways, to the question!

Im expected back at 6pm Sunday [sooner is much better than later of course]

But! i was planning on heading back tomorrow [Saturday], as it would be great to get back to base early, and clean up my locker [as we have an inspection on Monday.].. and to be honest, i left my locker in abit of a state, as my last train was leaving shortly after we finished work.

So yea, to my question.. and sorry if its abit of a silly one - but just to confirm.. If i showed up Saturday afternoon, would i be allowed on base, considering as im not actually meant to be at work till sunday, or would this not be a problem?

My insiscts tell me this wont be an issue, as several people are probably traveling great distances, and im sure the 6pm deadline on Sunday would be an issue for them... but maybe they intend to stay at a hotel for the night.

But yea, if anyone could confirm either way, i'd be really grateful! would really bite the bullet if after traveling 5 hours, then spending 20 pounds on a taxi.. i was denied access, and be forced to whip out another 50+ pounds to get a room for the night.

Thanks in advance ^^
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

I think your best option is to contact your base and ask the duty personnel.

Some bases provide transit accommodation, others are more or less flexible.
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

If you're referring to Halton and you're on Phase 1 then just pitch up! Check with the guardroom upon your return as your block may have been secured for the grant. There's always somebody who stays over the grant due to distances involved or sadly having nowhere to go!
Hope you involved the break now get your head and crack on with training..
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
bushyredsocks

Post by bushyredsocks »

Yeah man you'll be fine. Pretty much the whole of Salalah flt are all going back on saturday cos we'r going for a piss-up that nite. Its not a problem
Roki

Post by Roki »

Thanks ya'll
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

Never a problem in my day. And remember that probably now as it was back in my day some guys stay on base all weekend anyway.