Share This Page:

Visitors to stations, clarification please??

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
mr_man_2168

Visitors to stations, clarification please??

Post by mr_man_2168 »

Hi folks,

It's been a LONG while and a certain amount of uncertainty since I posted here, but I'm back now and I'm already part way through application as a RAF Regiment Gunner :D

I've had a look arond and i can't really get a clear answer to this question, but I'm sure somebody here knows! Basically, once I'm stationed, what are the rules/procedures on having visitors? The RAF careers site says you can have people to visit you on base but doesn't really expand on that. Just asking out of curiosity really.
Thanks
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

pull a bint - sign em in at the guard room enough said :wink:
'Every man an Emperor'
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

The RAF careers site says you can have people to visit you on base but doesn't really expand on that.
That's because regulations will vary depending on where you are based.

Generally speaking there is no reason why you shouldn't sign in guests/visitors to a military camp, however local security regulations will specify the details:

If guests are allowed.
Who can be signed in.
When they can be signed in (and when they must leave).
Where they can go on camp (accompanied or unaccompanied). etc, etc.

NB - Taking young ladies back to your room and keeping them in your locker over the weekend is generally frowned upon.
The Stig

Re: Visitors to stations, clarification please??

Post by The Stig »

mr_man_2168 wrote:Hi folks,

It's been a LONG while and a certain amount of uncertainty since I posted here, but I'm back now and I'm already part way through application as a RAF Regiment Gunner :D

I've had a look arond and i can't really get a clear answer to this question, but I'm sure somebody here knows! Basically, once I'm stationed, what are the rules/procedures on having visitors? The RAF careers site says you can have people to visit you on base but doesn't really expand on that. Just asking out of curiosity really.
Thanks
you can sign pretty much anyone on! when i was a young lad living on RAF base's i used to sign mates on all the time!
mr_man_2168

Post by mr_man_2168 »

Rogue Chef wrote:
NB - Taking young ladies back to your room and keeping them in your locker over the weekend is generally frowned upon.
Only if they're found :lol:

Thanks for the input guys, seems fairly straight forward then?
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

You're welcome. Remember we're here to help.
Now about those young ladies in lockers!
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

Remember though any visitor to a military establishment is only allowed to be booked in as a guest 14 times and then must undergo security screening succesfully before any further visits are authorised. This is for each unit individually so even if they have undergone screening at one location they must still submit to it at another unit! Best approach is to ask for the process to be initiated on their 1st visit stating that they will be a frequent visitor, that way they should be cleared by the time their 14th visit comes around and will not be refused entry because their clearance hasn't come back yet!

This policy is as per the JSP 440 Manual of Security and is Tri Service!
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
mr_man_2168

Post by mr_man_2168 »

Thanks for that tip, very useful to know!