Share This Page:

Gold tooth.

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
coopesh56

Gold tooth.

Post by coopesh56 »

Hey, i am going to start my application as a officer in the Raf Regiment in january ( apparently i can't start before then :S)

I was just wondering what the policy is on gold teeth. I have one at the back of my mouth as a result of a route canal or something ( i cant remember the exact reason for me having it). It has never caused me any problems in life. so would this affect my medical?

thanks in advance, Coopesh. :D
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

I wouldn't have thought so!
If you're worried, ask at the AFCO, they are the best source of info, and if they don't know, they should try and find out!
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

As an officer in the RAF Regiment it shouldn't be too much of a problem, provided you paint it black on formal occasions and parades.

If you were front line troops, rather than being primarily involved with stagging on at airbases, it could be beneficial have a 'little sum of money' tucked away inside your gob...

When captured you could always yank the little nugget out and get yourself flown out of the country in exchange.... If you've got more than one gold tooth you MAY even get First Class... :wink: