Share This Page:

Security check

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
danjameswalsh

Security check

Post by danjameswalsh »

yo,so i had my medical about 2 weeks ago for the RAF Regiment and cause of a recent op they asked me to wait 3 months before starting my pgac.Anyway had i call from my afco before, saying my security check came back and they have said i need to have lived in england for 3years... I was born here and lived here untill i was 8 then moved to spain for 9 years, came back 2 years ago. One of my mates in spain joined the royal navy whilst she still lived in spain and moved over when her basic training started. The cpl at the afco said to me "i strongly recommend you appeal against it and hopefully the ppl in the security check department reconsider". He said that i will receive a letter to tell about it and a form to appeal if i want to. My dad is ex raf and so are 2 of my uncles and and 2 uncles ex police. British passport and that. Anyone got any advice? cheers
Paddysprat

Post by Paddysprat »

:o :o :o :o :o
'Paddysprat' a phrase used when explaining the origins of an 'Army Brats' accent.
London Boy

Re: Security check

Post by London Boy »

danjameswalsh wrote: Anyone got any advice?
eeerrrr...you've already been given the best advice by the person in the position best suited to give you the best advice i.e. the Cpl at the AFCO!!!
That's it!
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Yup, one of the girls I know moved to France with her family when she was a kid and she got told the same thing when she applied to join up, so she went and did a degree at uni.
No idea how your mate got round it, unless she lied...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
danjameswalsh

Post by danjameswalsh »

nah she didn't lie and yeah im defently going to appeal, i just was wondering if anybody knew the score with it.
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

DVA who deal with all screening adopt a blanket policy when dealing with such cases. The onus is upon you the individual to appeal, around 30 - 40% of appeals are upheld when the circumstances are looked at in detail. Your AFCO is not in a position to delve into this and you have been advised well by the recruiter, make a formal appeal and see if they are willing to review your case. Your perseverence will also been seen as a display of your determination. In the event that you are unsuccessful at appeal then inform your recruiter that you wish your details to be held on file as you will re-apply at the earliest allowable opportunity, this again is a display of your determination to commit!
Good luck with the appeal!
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
danjameswalsh

Post by danjameswalsh »

Cheers mate, yeah asoon as i get the letter i will appeal.