Share This Page:

what 2 expect at halton????

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
peter1034

Post by peter1034 »

am just so attracted to you hyperlithe thats what it is...
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Just because your in a hole is no reason to stop digging.
Mong. :roll:
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Did he actually post that?
I thought you'd edited it for me Wholley!
:lol:
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Now why would I edit his posts? 8)
He needs no help to dig his own grave.
I just watched him do it.
So there's no hefty lesbians in the RAF then :P

Coat please.....
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

I think the hefty lesbians all get steered towards the Army...
:o
I'll get my coat too...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
peter1034

Post by peter1034 »

Wholley wholley wholley

dig dig dig

You love it hyperlithe x

lol
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Sorry to disappoint you peter, but I only like men.
Cradle-snatching is not really my style.
If you thought RTC was difficult, there's absolutely no way you could handle me...
:lol:
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
bushyredsocks

Post by bushyredsocks »

Yo Hyperlithe you sound pretty hot, can I have a pic? Pretty please? lol ;)
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

peter1034 wrote:You will get 3 hours sleep a night - of your lucky. You will be yelled at, made to feel uncomfortable, have your bedding/clothes thrown out in the rain and made to sleep in wet bedding. You make a mistake - you will stand in the rain for at least 2 hours. You will feel embarrassed by the corporals autocracy and intimidated. You will feel like your in prison - only in prison you get to stay in a cell all day and hide away. In halton - your a slave to the corporals - you are scum.
Smartstevo; what I've quoted is complete rubbish, you won't be treated too harshly in RAF Basic training as they don't even treat you like that up at ITC Catterick and I was in Para Coy. For one thing there isn't time in the syllabus for you to be "standing round for 2 hours in the rain." This guy is obviously trying to talk it all up to justify his actions to himself, he has probably even convinced himself that this all actually happened :roll:

Just ignore people like him, if you want it and you're determined then go for it and don't let anyone put you off as the only way you will know if it's for you is to give it a try. You can always leave if it's not for you but fact is you'll probably love it. Basic training is just that, learning to become an airman instead of a civilian and it doesn't last forever so just give it your best shot.
peter1034 wrote:You will hate it in my opinion

Why would you're opinion about what you think a complete stranger would or wouldn't like count for anything?
peter1034

Post by peter1034 »

ok so when this lad turns up at halton he'll see what its really like.

Its not the fitness, lack of sleep, hard work or taking orders that bothered me, its the humiliation that bothered me. Corporals take no shame exercising their power to make you feel like an ant.

Smartstevo I read this study in a phychology book - people who are put in autocratic positions of power are highly likely to 'bully' their subordinates. This was ordinary people put in charge of prisoners. My brother, who is in the army has been punched in the stomach by a corporal for coming out in the wrong uniform. The people I know in army have been promoted to lance corporals & corporals for being bullies themselves.

They say it gets better, but you will be taking shit left, right & centre all your career.

Everybody who was there hated it. You are pretty much guaranteed to hate it.

Take some photos of your loved ones to get you through.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

lesbians??? lesbians?? did someone say lesbians???......

Just go in with right mindset and WANT it! If you wants it that much you shall gets it. Nobody in their right mind 'likes' the recruit process but its how you adapt and learn to live with it that gets you to the bigger picture!
'Every man an Emperor'
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

peter1034 wrote:Smartstevo I read this study in a phychology book - people who are put in autocratic positions of power are highly likely to 'bully' their subordinates. This was ordinary people put in charge of prisoners. My brother, who is in the army has been punched in the stomach by a corporal for coming out in the wrong uniform. The people I know in army have been promoted to lance corporals & corporals for being bullies themselves.

They say it gets better, but you will be taking shit left, right & centre all your career.

Firstly the RAF is nothing like the Army. Completely different culture, I've worked in both RAF and Army run bases, I've seen the difference for myself.

Secondly, yet again you are posting well beyond your own very limited experience. How can you possibly comment on anything beyond the first week of basic training?

Steveo, basically ignore everything this guy says, and you will be absolutely fine.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Airborne Legend

Post by Airborne Legend »

Just bored and read through this thread, this guy's mega isn't he! We can't get rid of him, he's too much entertainment :)
There is no fear, there is only the force.

Do or do not, there is no try.
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

peter1034 wrote:blah blah..........Smartstevo I read this study in a phychology (sic) book ..............
“One day....... when I was in Band Camp...............”

Hmmm.......... You read that first sentence and just KNOW it’s going to end horribly........... “I read this book once, but didn’t have the benefit of having two brain cells to knock against each other and realise WHAT THE F*** it was all about.........”

Take some photos of your loved ones to get you through.
sniff, sniff.............pass me the tissues... Get’s me fair emotional.......... The image of Pete’s tears dripping onto images of his loved one’s, while he’s laid in his wan£ing chariot every night on his “first days of Hell” .......... give me strength..... :roll:

Slightly lacking in moral fibre methinks...... Steve, ignore this prat.......... He’s invested some time leading up to this point thinking that RAF driver was for him, but in truth the DNA was never there.............

Ok ..... just for a larf, let’s look back at some of the crap that ‘Stinky’ Pete has posted to date.......... (Apologies if it’s already been done but I don’t routinely read the RAF posts....)

This is a bloke whose ambition was to be an MT driver but his first post was a worry about tinnitus and the noise that big hairy jet engines make (looking to claim medical compensation before he’d even GOT IN.............) and his mates had sussed him by saying that “ ....this is an extremely dangerous job as enemies would target these (vehicles)” Ooo-er..... Yes MT is at the forefront of ‘military dangerousness’ (apologies to all those ‘truckers’ out there......... As Smashie or Nicey would say..)

Then we go onto his anti-depressant pill dependency after his brother’s attack while in the MT in Iraq......... and then, after a quick “Hey you sexy boys in blue”, a comment about how he’s looking forward to using up his last tube of KY-jelly (?) .....and THEN (Gawd I need to get out more) his worries about not having a room to himself (worried about not being able to wan£ himself to sleep in peace)

Then we get to the “am wondering during my 9 years how often I will (get) sent to the afghan/Iraq war?” errmmm…did he make 9 WEEKS? Well obviously not… as he’s now a quivering wreck after the umpteen hours of HELL that he had to endure (but couldn’t hack.........)

.”blah blah blah..... made to sleep in wet bedding....... etc” Just control your bladder you fruitcake ..............or buy some incontinence pants from Boots (it’s not THAT scary in the Forces...........)

Smartsteveo.. ignore the utter crap that the useless feker Peter has been dribbling. IF you arrive at ANY military establishment with a mindset saying “I WILL ACHIEVE” then you will be alright..... The military is not for the weak minded (otherwise our Pete would still be in.....)
sittingstress

Post by sittingstress »

Smartstevo I read this study in a phychology book - people who are put in autocratic positions of power are highly likely to 'bully' their subordinates. This was ordinary people put in charge of prisoners.
The "study" you so glibly mention was in fact the Stanford Prison Experiment conducted by Philip Zimbardo. I am more than happy to debate the finer points of it with you should you desire. However I doubt you have the knowledge of the subject matter to do so. I am an arrogant git aren't I? BUT unlike you I can afford to be arrogant as I am commenting from a knowledge of the facts and not some casually strung together snippets of information.

The experiment did indeed make some very interesting discoveries about how people placed in positions of authority will behave however the crux of the matter is that these people had never been in authority before, had received no training and were left unsupervised. Does that sound like background of the staff you had?

You were treated the same as any other recruit in the initial period of training. Trust me matey when I say that recruits had NO effect on my personal life yet I had a massive effect on theirs. To that end instructors don't have the time or inclination to treat individuals "specially". Try doing that job where you receive a new Flight of recruits (45 strong-ish?) every 9 weeks. It is a massive sausage factory and believe me when I say you are just not important enough to warrant being singled out.

Steveo PM me if you want some gen on the set up at Halton.

Regards

ss

PS I have been polite so far but unfortunately Peter you are a c*ck of the highest order and I am glad you decided to leave the RAF as you would never have fitted in with the MT bunch. MT is not my choice of job but they work hard and do well. You didn't and wouldn't have.
Per Ardua