Share This Page:

uniform

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
Cdt Cooper

Post by Cdt Cooper »

yes i bloody av tried shoe polish but thank you. Can any 1 dip them in tornado paint for me please lol!
Falkens

Shoes

Post by Falkens »

After being a cadet for 5 years bulling shoes comes naturally, take the advice from what the other guys have said. They have some good techniques. I would give you one hint. Do not use tornado nose paint as some smart SNCO's use. It goes without saying, one twat treading on them and there f£$^d.
Besides it's cheating.
Topper

Post by Topper »

If you use Tornado paint your boots will be a nice 'Air Defence grey.' Now your Flt Sergeant isn't going to like that.
SHIPPI

Post by SHIPPI »

lol

I just use black Kiwi polish and elbow grease. Or i get my dad to do it, he's great at polishing shoes. Have you tried Kiwi Parade Gloss? That's supposed to work well if you do it right.
Rotary Booty

Post by Rotary Booty »

Not everyones' spit is suitable, trust me, it's true, so use cold water as advised by the others, until you have more time and experience to test your spit.

If you're brave, try this: Get a dab of boot-polish on a duster and stipple it onto the toe cap all over, (like your mum did on Xmas cakes to represent snow). Then turn the shoe upside down and apply a flame, CAREFULLY, so that the layer of polish melts into a smooth covering. Allow to dry, and THEN start the 'spit and polish' routine.

If you burn the stitching....the toe cap will fall off!! :o
K24io

Post by K24io »

Is this not taking it all a bit far for polished boots?

1 week in the field and they'll be scuffed, scrapped and dented anyway.
Slap the polish on em, don't buff em up and when he asks why tell him

" shine is one of the key things that can give away your position, I was thinking tactically Sgt"
Rotary Booty

Post by Rotary Booty »

K24io

We were issued with different boots for different tasks. Parade/drill boots with studs, had to be spit and polished, including the instep, (that way you checked whether the studs were OK and not missing or wearing out.)

The SV Boot was for field work, and exercises etc. They were cleaned to keep them waterproof and supple, but not 'bulled'.
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Parade/drill boots with studs,
138 nper boot according to Len Chester!
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
K24io

Post by K24io »

You were lucky then,

We got one pair of already broken in boots thrown at us.

Never use the kwik polish stuff, its too obvious. We did once and PSI instantly asked what s**t we had put on our boots.

:(
Derek Blevins wrote:K24io

We were issued with different boots for different tasks. Parade/drill boots with studs, had to be spit and polished, including the instep, (that way you checked whether the studs were OK and not missing or wearing out.)

The SV Boot was for field work, and exercises etc. They were cleaned to keep them waterproof and supple, but not 'bulled'.
Cronkilla

Post by Cronkilla »

When in the cadets i always started with kiwi polish basically getting a good undercoat. Then id 'burn' it,i dont mean set it alight place the lighter near it then blow on it to cool it down. Then buff it like your crazed,i always used to finish of with normal house polish to keep the dust off :oops:
Cdt Cooper

Post by Cdt Cooper »

hi everyone, i haven't been on for a while. In the mean time, i have changed my squadron to one closer to home, and alos have found out that because i am colour blin i can't be a pilot of any sort, So i have decided to start training myself up for the Marines. Hopefully there i won't have to clean me boots as much etc. Thankyou to all the replies I've had on this thread.

Ste
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Oh there's a surprise waiting for you Coops! :lol:
Hopefully there i won't have to clean me boots as much etc.
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
K24io

Post by K24io »

Your best bet would be to try and swtich to the Marines Cadets then (CCF?).

Will make things alot easier when you do join corps.
Cdt Cooper

Post by Cdt Cooper »

thankyoufor the advise but i'll probably stay in the A.T.C because i'm progressing quite well so i'll stay on and see where it gets me. I presume my experience wil still help.

Ste 0X
Sven

Post by Sven »

Hey Steve,
What sort of boots have you got ? I remember when I was starting in the ATC, I baught a cheapo pair of Turkish :-? boots. The leather was so poor quality that it was imposible to get a shine on them. How I suffered as a 13 year old, spitting and polishing these usless boots for hours on end, all to no avail. Eventually I invested in a surplus British pair, and they were shining within four hours.