Share This Page:

16 Medical Regiment and Gap year training

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Rapolkinghorn

16 Medical Regiment and Gap year training

Post by Rapolkinghorn »

I'm looking at applying for an army bursary for medical school, before joining as a Medical officer. I gather from the MOD website, that this would involve a yearly bursary for the last 3 years of medical school and a lump sum on graduation, with an 8 year service following that.
Joining the 16 Medical Regiment of the para's would be my ultimate goal, however I can't find anything about bursaries through the parachute regiment - only the army. I'm guessing that this could be to do with the intensity of the training compared to regular army, but there is the 144 Reserve Medical parachute regiment so I could be wrong. If this is the case would it be worth/possible to take on Officer training in the Para's in my gap year? I'm also looking at the "Lead first" course for my gap.
Any opinions would be of real help
Thanks, Rob
>Side note: I'm currently training at the Army Parachute Association as a civilian, and would like to achieve my B license in skydiving by next summer
Tab

Re: 16 Medical Regiment and Gap year training

Post by Tab »

Get your self qualified then apply for the Paras as every one including doctors have to pass the P Course before they become a PARA