Share This Page:

Want to join para's (i'm from South-Africa)

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Nico (sout-africa)

Want to join para's (i'm from South-Africa)

Post by Nico (sout-africa) »

hi there all ....... I'm from south-africa and was wondering if it wil be harder for me to join the paras as i am not a british citizen ??? and is it a good choice ... because i am looking to join the most extreme because i am a big adrenalin junkie haha!!! my father was in the parabats here in south-africa and was part of the recce's ..... i'm really not a guy for books can't just sit in front a book so yeap !!! any advice will be apreciated !!! age:17 , push-ups :76 . 2 min , sit-ups : 60 2min ; pull-ups:29 2min ; 2.4km run is currently 9min flat ; captain of rugby team play 8th man
Last edited by Nico (sout-africa) on Tue 12 Jun, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tab

Re: Want to join para's from South-Africa

Post by Tab »

I have met a number of men in the Para's from South Africa, and I must say they are nice guys
Nico (sout-africa)

Re: Want to join para's from South-Africa

my uncle and father was there ....... hahaha but any advice with the para's wil be apreciated?(paras of uk not south-africa) because i understand that we are part of the commenwealth countries and i would like advice please about the tests and what must you do at the tests!!
MustGetFit

Re: Want to join para's (i'm from South-Africa)

Post by MustGetFit »

my uncle and father was there ....... hahaha but any advice with the para's wil be apreciated?(paras of uk not south-africa) because i understand that we are part of the commenwealth countries and i would like advice please about the tests and what must you do at the tests!!
Ek dink Tab het oor die UK Paras gepraat. Nie die RSA Parabats. Kyk na die forum en lees al die poste op fisiese opleiding. Kyk na die British Army webwerf en sien die fisiese standaarde. Daar is baie inligting op hierdie webwerf en daardie werf. My Afrikaans is kak, ek is jammer - My eerste taal is engels. Daar is min mense op hierdie webwerf maar daar is baie goed inligting in oud poste. Dit is moeilik om in die Paras wees sonder 'n Britse paspoort.
It is not my war. I do not agree with it but it is my duty to protect and serve the man next to me whose war it is and who does agree with it. I will die for this man. And one day, when it is my war that needs to be fought and when only I agree with it, he will be there for me, ready to die by my side.
Nico (sout-africa)

Re: Want to join para's (i'm from South-Africa)

dankie man !!