Share This Page:

Just passed prac so happy to help

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
ryanwalden

Just passed prac so happy to help

Post by ryanwalden »

Just passed prac and it was the hardest thing I have ever done, I'm happy to answear any questions and help anyone
DanPalmer1992

Re: Just passed prac so happy to help

Post by DanPalmer1992 »

at what speed was the warm up 1.5mile set at? ive been told its meant to be quite fast but by fast do they mean a 9:30 for example?
how many press ups and sit ups do you feel was classed as 'acceptable' or 'respectable' by the para PT's in the 2min time slot?
any particular exercises or parts of your programme which helped you perform on the day?
Congratulations btw :D I have ADSC coming up soon, im quietly confident as im current running 6min miles with 7kg on my back, just needed some further tips so i can start preparing now :)
1st Choice: Parachute Regiment BARB: Passed 58 Medical Clearence: Passed 1 Day Pre Selection Tests: Passed (1.5Mile - 8mins 50 seconds) 1st Interview: Passed 2nd Interview: Passed ADSC: Passed PRAC: Passed ITC Catterick PARA Depot: November 18th 2012!!
    ryanwalden

Post by ryanwalden »

The 1.5 mile run was a really fast squad run bit of a hangout but what makes it harder are the kills it is very rough terrain and sum steep hills. The steaplechase is an absoulte hangout that's the most important thing to pass u have 18.30 secs to do it.

I do 80 press ups and 97 sit ups they were passing people at 50

The 4.5 mile squaded run us tough u run all hills and they make u run up and down them till they say stop bit of a beasting
    02leaveg

Post by 02leaveg »

you mean youve done the Parachute regiment Aqaintance course? or have you made a mistake and think youve done P company??
    trueman01

Post by trueman01 »

What did you get for your 1.5 mile time mate ?