Share This Page:

Passed PRAC this week

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Para-quinn

Passed PRAC this week

Post by Para-quinn »

Alright lads thought i would come on here and help anybody with questions ect for selection as ive just passed PRAC and been given a date for march 18 th. Hardest thing i have ever done but worth every second of it.
Barb: passed
Key skills: passed
Pre selection: passed
Adsc: passed
Prac:passed
Para depot: march 18th, 749 tamera platoon
Marine pressups: 70
Situps: 79
Heaves:14
Run time- 8.33
Tab

Re: Passed PRAC this week

Post by Tab »

Good luck to you, your pronblems are only just starting
ofens

Post by ofens »

Well done that's great :-) Good luck with training.
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

good one. post results/timings/scores etc etc so the starry eyed can gawp/lock on to. happy times ahead fella if you like bowl fulls of paaain.
'Every man an Emperor'
Para-quinn

Post by Para-quinn »

1.5 return run: 8.55
Pressups:70
Situps:70
Trainasium:passed
Steeplechase:17.55mins (warm up was one around at a fast pace)
4 miler including all prominent hills (land of nod, gandalfs dip, sweetness hill, worlds biggest junction ect): passed
Run time- 8.33
WOW! That hurt.

Post by WOW! That hurt. »

I noticed that you said you did the run in 8:55, but in your sig it says you run it in 8:30. Is this because they wore you guys down before you did the run or what? I ask because rested I run the 1.5 in 8:50 and I'm not sure I can afford to slip that much myself.

Also did you happen to notice what most recruits were getting for push ups? They say 40 is a pass, but I'm skeptical seeing my recuiter has a nasty happen of not knowing anything about the Paras and everything else I get is random bla bla woof woof off the web.
"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." - George Bernard Shaw
Para-quinn

Post by Para-quinn »

WOW! That hurt. wrote:I noticed that you said you did the run in 8:55, but in your sig it says you run it in 8:30. Is this because they wore you guys down before you did the run or what? I ask because rested I run the 1.5 in 8:50 and I'm not sure I can afford to slip that much myself.

Also did you happen to notice what most recruits were getting for push ups? They say 40 is a pass, but I'm skeptical seeing my recuiter has a nasty happen of not knowing anything about the Paras and everything else I get is random bla bla woof woof off the web.
my p.b was 8.30 on ADSC- the terrain was completley flat and the weather (wind, rain) was nothing. whereas when you get up to catterick the terrain is alot more hilly and the 1.5 mile "warmup" is pretty fast paced-alot of lads was struggling with it. so hence the rise by 30 seconds. A pass is anything below 9.30, they will NOT pass anybody who gets above this. um for pressups i think the lowest was 38, they did not pass. You want to be hitting over the 60s but they want over 50. the highest was 78 on my Prac. Beware of the steeplechaes, its anabsoloute hangout from start to finish, around 12 lads failed because they did not reach the required time for this event. Again the "warmup" for the steeplecase is going around it once as a troop led by the PTI at a very fast pace-be prepared. Best advice i could give would be do a lot of hill sprints and high intensity work followed by active rest. swimming and cyxling are good as they are both low impact and dont smash your limbs!!good luck with your app
Run time- 8.33
WOW! That hurt.

Post by WOW! That hurt. »

Cheers for the info mate! Gives me a much better mind for what I need to be doing. (not that slack on my workouts or anything :wink: )

Good luck in training, mate. Hope to meet in the regiment one day. :D
"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." - George Bernard Shaw
ryanwalden

Post by ryanwalden »

alrite pal ive just waiting to go adsc and ive signed up for the paras what type of things do u do at prac
ryanwalden

Post by ryanwalden »

ahh just read what u had to do lol, how many chin ups do u have to do and what tie do u have to come inn the staple chase to pass, also how mny times u go round the hill repertations
Para-quinn

Post by Para-quinn »

ryanwalden wrote:ahh just read what u had to do lol, how many chin ups do u have to do and what tie do u have to come inn the staple chase to pass, also how mny times u go round the hill repertations
you dont do chinups on PRAC anymore, just situps and pressups. Knowone was told the cut off time for steeplechase but from the times people got and lads that failed it i would guess at around 19 mins. i came first and got a time of 18mins ish. Cant really explain the 5 miler with hil sprints......basically ever hill you come to you will print up and back down a couple times then run on to the next one, some of the hills are ridiculous but just dont wrap and you will be ok.
Run time- 8.33
ryanwalden

Post by ryanwalden »

are the press ups and situps a 2min best effort
Para-quinn

Post by Para-quinn »

ryanwalden wrote:are the press ups and situps a 2min best effort
Yes
Run time- 8.33
Steve14

Post by Steve14 »

with the pressups could you take a break? could you rest your ass in the air? put knees on the floor? or did you have to bash them out in one go? was it elbows tucked in and chest to floor?

well done buddy your stats are inspirational.
Para-quinn

Post by Para-quinn »

yes you can mate, you are alowed to drop to your knees as many times as you like during the 2 minutes. make sure every rep is done with completley the correct technique or the instructors wont count them.
Run time- 8.33