Share This Page:

Which boots are the best?

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
charnock1990

Which boots are the best?

Post by charnock1990 »

I'm starting training on the 5th sept, I've been advised to get a pair of boots for field craft etc. Any advice would be appreciated.
gunner75

Re: Which boots are the best?

Post by gunner75 »

Who advised you? Save your money and stick with what your issued. Fantastic bits of kit. Comfortable and durable. It may be different now but I only thought you could get away with wearing non issue if you had a medical chit??
'Every man an Emperor'
charnock1990

Post by charnock1990 »

A bloke from the Duke of Lancs, he said keep an extra pair for steeple chase and fieldcraft etc, keep them as your 'shit boots' i just wanted to know which are best, and mont comfortable.
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

You will use the boots you are issued with - simple answer really
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
mm1306

Post by mm1306 »

you use what you are issued with but clever joe plays the system by going to physio and blagging a chit for free altberg sneekers (worth about £120) cos his leg hurts!!!
That's my advice anyway, issue boots are prob about the worst boots on the market, for tabbing i'd even use jungle boots instead.
Tab

Post by Tab »

I must say that I never had any problems with the boots issued to me. While in training it is probably best to stick with what you are issued. Now it just might be a good idea to get a spare pair of boots just to bull up for parades.
Chris129

Post by Chris129 »

Issued boots r rubbish even when u brek um in they r horrid!!!!!!!! Altbergs u can buy but you have t get permission from the training staff t wear um but if u go t physio then u can blag a pair!!!! However you cud b waiting from anythin up2 8wks for um!!! u get 2 pairs of boots issued n two pair of trainers which r equally crap but r comfy unless u over pronate
Steve27752

Post by Steve27752 »

Chris129 wrote:Issued boots r rubbish even when u brek um in they r horrid!!!!!!!! Altbergs u can buy but you have t get permission from the training staff t wear um but if u go t physio then u can blag a pair!!!! However you cud b waiting from anythin up2 8wks for um!!! u get 2 pairs of boots issued n two pair of trainers which r equally crap but r comfy unless u over pronate
Bloody hell!..................Write in the english language not gibberish.
Steve :)

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Chris129

Post by Chris129 »

Steve27752 wrote:
Chris129 wrote:Issued boots r rubbish even when u brek um in they r horrid!!!!!!!! Altbergs u can buy but you have t get permission from the training staff t wear um but if u go t physio then u can blag a pair!!!! However you cud b waiting from anythin up2 8wks for um!!! u get 2 pairs of boots issued n two pair of trainers which r equally crap but r comfy unless u over pronate
Bloody hell!..................Write in the english language not gibberish.
what difference does it make....i didnt know it was an english language forum
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

i had to read that about 10 times to understand that but heres my reply to it

Para Reg training staff will NEVER give you permission to wear Altberg or any other boots
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
Chris129

Post by Chris129 »

SandyTheGuvnor wrote:

i had to read that about 10 times to understand that but heres my reply to it

Para Reg training staff will NEVER give you permission to wear Altberg or any other boots
I didnt say they would i just said you have to ask if you can wear them, but thanks for clearing that up!!
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

So, as per my initial advice based on my experience and others. You make do with what you are issued. With proper looking after your feet and boots will be fine. Contrary to what some people say they ARE good bits of kit and do not take that long to break in at all. Anyway if your that way inclined you will probably be sat around as a crow bullin them up when youve got jack all else to do...
'Every man an Emperor'
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

worn issued boots all the way never had any dramas except in uganda wore jungle boots obviously, even wore issued on the 50 miler the other month one black toenail but hardly any blisters
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"