Share This Page:

all arms commando course

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
john mchugh

all arms commando course

Post by john mchugh »

Is it possible to do the commando course whilst in the paras as i would like to do both p company and the all arms commando course as a personal challenge of mine
Last edited by john mchugh on Tue 03 Nov, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JunkBox

Post by JunkBox »

If your in the Para's why would want a green beret when you have a Maroon one?
Leyton1990

Post by Leyton1990 »

Lol are you serious?
bored_stupid

Re: all arms commando course

Post by bored_stupid »

john mchugh wrote:Is it possible to do the commando course whilst in the paras as i would like to do both p company and the all arms commando course as a personal challenge of mine
The short answer would be no. You only do either course if you have a reason to, ie; you only do the Cdo Course if you have to serve with 3Cdo Brigade.

Badge collectors aren't really appreciated in the Army.
Chas

Post by Chas »

All Arms Ccse 4/92 Lcpl.Hutcheon-Para.
RM., Colonial Police & Queen's Regt HSF.
bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

I'd be willing to bet that Lcpl Hutcheon was serving with the Commando Brigade in some capacity when he took the course.
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

I remember on the channel 4 documentary p company, a lad said he had already done the the aacc, but then again he wasn't a para. (and he gave up, might even have been on beat up week)
It'll be on youtube somewhere, i would put a link but i'm using my mobile.
Tab

Post by Tab »

The Para's are Army the Commanodos are Navy, also it will take months to go through the training and what will the it acheive for the Forces. Now it will costs many thousands of pounds for you to do this training with no return for the money, so whats the point except for you to have bragging rights
bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

_Mark_ wrote:I remember on the channel 4 documentary p company, a lad said he had already done the the aacc, but then again he wasn't a para.
Yes, you're right, I remember him too. As you say though that's an All Arms course and its probably not that unusual to have guys from the support arms having passed both All Arms P Coy/Commando Cse as they have units supporting both formations.
Tab

Post by Tab »

There are Marines in 1 Para but they have not done the P Course