Share This Page:

milling

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
eleven

milling

Post by eleven »

was just thinking about what my recruiter said to me a few weeks ago about the boxing milling he was saying that when you go in uve to basicly try to kill the other guy ave done boxing over the last 8 or 9 years and used to spar with 1 of my mates who went pro so i am not bad in the ring but what happens if your put in with someone thats not that good just what i am trying to say is a wouldnt really want to try and hurt someone in the milling but my recruiter said that you must not go easy in the milling.
barb test-66 passed 27/7/2009
interview-done 11/8/2009
medical-in Progress failed
can re apply july 2011
egghead

Post by egghead »

hit them 1st and see if they can take the dig then take it from there
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Milling is about showing aggresion and lack of fear its not about style. Trust me you can be put on your ass by a guy who just goes for it.
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

If the was such a thing as world authority on milling then i would be that person, i have refereed and seen more milling bouts than anyone and my intro to milling lesson are legendary they have too be seen to be believed.

I have seen self proclaimed boxers, kick boxers, thai boxers, "cage fighters" & street fighters get destroyed in the milling ring by people who were wearing boxing gloves for the 1st time and who had never had a fight in their lives before
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
eleven

Post by eleven »

what happening if you start on the other person and they just cover up are you supposed to juat keep giving it to them
barb test-66 passed 27/7/2009
interview-done 11/8/2009
medical-in Progress failed
can re apply july 2011
daz89

Post by daz89 »

You will have to just get on with it! Im sure there wont be any hard feelings etc.. If your told to do something, do it. Simples
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

eleven wrote:what happening if you start on the other person and they just cover up are you supposed to juat keep giving it to them
they won't
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

SandyTheGuvnor wrote:..............and my intro to milling lesson are legendary they have too be seen to be believed.
Can you expand on this?

As an aside, too many martial arts concentrate a little too much on the art.... and not enough on the martial! I do know martial artists who turn their noses up at Milling. But I'm pretty sure they'd get their noses turned upwards in another fashion if they tried it against someone really up for a fight.
goin-para-

Post by goin-para- »

Brian S wrote:
SandyTheGuvnor wrote:..............and my intro to milling lesson are legendary they have too be seen to be believed.
Can you expand on this?

As an aside, too many martial arts concentrate a little too much on the art.... and not enough on the martial! I do know martial artists who turn their noses up at Milling. But I'm pretty sure they'd get their noses turned upwards in another fashion if they tried it against someone really up for a fight.
do you not mill against someone ur own hight on weight ??????
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

in theory yes. in reality its done very loosely on how similar your both built. I was one of the smallest lads there when I done it and was up against a taller, bigger built lad for my turn milling. the guys just up were first ones in and had just had a major grilling by the CO that was judging for being to lame. next up was my opponent and I - with a warning from CO not be as tame as the previous two. needless to say we both went bananas and threw some wild haymakers, to be honest not knowing nor caring where they landed most of the time. It feels like the minute flies past as your scrapping but it takes a hell of a lot out of you. I lost mine, which I was gutted about, but the fight went two knock downs for him against me and one knock down and a bloodied nose from me to him. Apparently I got a good score for aggression, so it made me feel a bit better even though I lost - but im not too sure on what points or how the staff actually assess you while your milling, perhaps sandy could explain?
'Every man an Emperor'
speedy87

Post by speedy87 »

i cant wait for the milling, im not made of much im 5'6 slim build but from what ive been told it doesnt matter wether you win or loose, or wether you get knocked down 50 times with a broken jaw. i was told its all about the jewels between your drumsticks and how much aggreshion you give. i supose if your 4ft and go up against a 6ft brick **** house and get whupped all overt the ring but show 110%aggresion from second 1 to 60 then im sure thats the material the p-coy staff are after.
correct me if im wrong, this is the info ive been told

scotty
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Think thats pretty much spot on speedy! 8)

Think by the time you have got to P-Coy, you should have a fair bit of aggression built up inside from all the s@*t you have been through in Depot.! :lol:
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
speedy87

Post by speedy87 »

haha and you'll be there with us. just think of like being told to do something by a senior. you have to do it so do it well or youl get beasted lol. 110% aggresion from start to finish. its only a minute.
BARB: 78
ADSC: PASSED (137 B grade)
PRAC: PASSED (A GRADE)
START DATE FOR PARA DEPOT 18/10/09
Feel the burn!!!!
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

gpw2009 wrote:8)
You still here? you off in a few weeks then? :D
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

_Mark_ wrote:
gpw2009 wrote:8)
You still here? you off in a few weeks then? :D
Yeah still kicking around mucker, Not long now, 6 weeks!

Any news with your application? You got things sorted yet? :wink:
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09