Share This Page:

the Parachute Regiment Assessment Course (PRAC)

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

well me being a parent wants to take him...lolll.. but i think he's going on the train from west mids when he went to catterick for prac course took him 3 n half hours all in all but gonna av lot more stuff to take up this time and been told best to take ironing board too but cant see him taking ironing board on train...loll. apparently when he went yesterday sign some papers to say he accepting paras his serg said he will get his kit list month before and do his oath a week before he goes, he just trying to get fitter now before he goes, you have msn if so i'll tell him get in touch if you want.
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

jxnxg wrote:well me being a parent wants to take him...lolll.. but i think he's going on the train from west mids when he went to catterick for prac course took him 3 n half hours all in all but gonna av lot more stuff to take up this time and been told best to take ironing board too but cant see him taking ironing board on train...loll. apparently when he went yesterday sign some papers to say he accepting paras his serg said he will get his kit list month before and do his oath a week before he goes, he just trying to get fitter now before he goes, you have msn if so i'll tell him get in touch if you want.
ah ok i see, lol im afraid msn "i sooo five minutes ago" :D but i do have facebook, just type into the search box, mines got the picture of a dog as my profile picture, you cant miss it :D
Last edited by paraprep1 on Sat 08 Aug, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

Got my PRAC date - 16th june, any one else going then??
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

EagleEyes wrote:Got my PRAC date - 16th june, any one else going then??
good, so you havnt changed your mind like croker?
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

paraprep1 wrote:
EagleEyes wrote:Got my PRAC date - 16th june, any one else going then??
good, so you havnt changed your mind like croker?
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh man! Crocker changed his mind?? I thought hes not been on msn for a while. No mate, not me. Im going at it and going at it hard!

quick question - you think I will be able to change my 2nd choice or is it too late in the app process and will it just f@#k things up?
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

EagleEyes wrote: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh man! Crocker changed his mind?? I thought hes not been on msn for a while. No mate, not me. Im going at it and going at it hard!

quick question - you think I will be able to change my 2nd choice or is it too late in the app process and will it just f@#k things up?
yeah shame about croker, im not to certain on changing your second choice, but you probably could i reckon, why would you want to change it?
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

paraprep1 wrote:
EagleEyes wrote: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh man! Crocker changed his mind?? I thought hes not been on msn for a while. No mate, not me. Im going at it and going at it hard!

yeah shame about croker, im not to certain on changing your second choice, but you probably could i reckon, why would you want to change it?
There was a few reasons I wanted to change it. But I dont think I'm going to bother now.
I spoke to my recruitment officer when picking up my train tickets etc and I asked him IF I pass PRAC when does he think I'll be able to start. He said July, I think the 14th. Any ideas why I'll be going in before you guys?
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

EagleEyes wrote:
paraprep1 wrote:

There was a few reasons I wanted to change it. But I dont think I'm going to bother now.
I spoke to my recruitment officer when picking up my train tickets etc and I asked him IF I pass PRAC when does he think I'll be able to start. He said July, I think the 14th. Any ideas why I'll be going in before you guys?
i heard the july intake was full!? maybe someone dropped out and you got his place or something?
A White

Post by A White »

paraprep1 wrote:
EagleEyes wrote:
paraprep1 wrote: yeah shame about croker, im not to certain on changing your second choice, but you probably could i reckon, why would you want to change it?
i heard the july intake was full!? maybe someone dropped out and you got his place or something?
I heard that the august intake was full as well and i passed PRAC middle of may
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

A White wrote:
paraprep1 wrote:
EagleEyes wrote: There was a few reasons I wanted to change it. But I dont think I'm going to bother now.
So have you been given a start date yet white?
A White

Post by A White »

EagleEyes wrote:
A White wrote:
paraprep1 wrote: i heard the july intake was full!? maybe someone dropped out and you got his place or something?
So have you been given a start date yet white?
Nope still waiting mate, called last week and they said they where going to call me back. There was another guy who went up with me as well and he's still waiting for his date as well :(
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

there must be tones of lads going for the paras if all the intakes are getting filled up so quickly :o ! so much for prac cutting down the numbers!
druadan

Post by druadan »

I think intake for all Arms is on the increase at the moment, Lympstone's busier than it's been for years if what I've heard is even half-right.
A White

Post by A White »

I've heard of loads of people trying for the paras. How many intakes are there a year?
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

must be the result of the ressesion over the past year... i hear that the royal artillery has stopped recruiting for a year.

i believe there are two intakes per month, although im not certain.