Share This Page:

the Parachute Regiment Assessment Course (PRAC)

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

jxnxg wrote:was there need for sarcasm i meant like at selection fail ya medical you out so just wondedred if anything like that , thanks for the decent reply tho i had
just a joke mate... if you fail the medical they do send you home early but you can have another go later on after your injury has got better. one lad on my course got sent home becuase of his dodgey ankle. other than that theres no real excuse for failing prac, because you have already proved you have what it takes at ADSC, good luck for the 26th of june mate.
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

yeah i no it was really.... its just that my son is there today he went yesterday so i keeping my fingers x'd he will pass cos he be gutted if he dont, so do they give you a kinda clue to ow you done so far or just at the end and thanks for being so helpful
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

n was 26th may son must of posted it wrong before so he'll know 2morrow if he in or not so fingers x'd
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

jxnxg wrote:yeah i no it was really.... its just that my son is there today he went yesterday so i keeping my fingers x'd he will pass cos he be gutted if he dont, so do they give you a kinda clue to ow you done so far or just at the end and thanks for being so helpful
im afraid not, on my course i was truly pooing myself till the last moment of my interview, they don't give away the game, but thats sought of the idea, potential recruits should give everything theyve got, if they think they have done really well in one event they might slack off in the next, the incentive to give 110% is always there!
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

soz ad laugh when you said "pooing" anyway thanks lot for your help its been much appreciated just av wait and see tomorrow, just one last question please what time is it they finish on last day is it bout 1?
thanks
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

jxnxg wrote:soz ad laugh when you said "pooing" anyway thanks lot for your help its been much appreciated just av wait and see tomorrow, just one last question please what time is it they finish on last day is it bout 1?
thanks
yeah i think its about that time mate, best of luck to your son.
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

had to share the good news my son just rang he passed :D :D :D :D
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

jxnxg wrote:had to share the good news my son just rang he passed :D :D :D :D
Nice one. Bet hes chuffed.
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

chuffed a the word
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

my son got his date its 9th august
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

jxnxg wrote:my son got his date its 9th august
thats great! i'll see him there!
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

have you started yet if not whens your start date
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

jxnxg wrote:have you started yet if not whens your start date
my dates 9th of august same as your sons, ill be in the same platoon as him!
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

shall av tell him look out for you then so have you got everything you need on ya list yet and you going on train or car
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

jxnxg wrote:shall av tell him look out for you then so have you got everything you need on ya list yet and you going on train or car
yeah definetly mate :D i would be good to get to know someone before i start training. i havnt got my kit list yet, i was told i would get it when i swear my oath to the queen. i will be going by train, i live in cambridge so its the easiest way, what about your son?