Share This Page:

the Parachute Regiment Assessment Course (PRAC)

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Tk-Paras

Post by Tk-Paras »

Tk-Paras wrote:
ofens wrote:Tk-Paras don't lose hope mate, sh*t like this happens, admin errors occur and you've just been unlucky...
When you get back forget about it and don't let it get you down!
It's just one more thing to laugh about... :lol:
Lol yeah cheers mate. I'm just gonna make the most of the 2-3 weeks to train and get even fitter and make sure i pass, have you done PRAC mate?
Sorry mate, just read on your profile, Are you a PTI in the RM?
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

Tk-Paras wrote:
Tk-Paras wrote:
ofens wrote:Tk-Paras don't lose hope mate, sh*t like this happens, admin errors occur and you've just been unlucky...
When you get back forget about it and don't let it get you down!
It's just one more thing to laugh about... :lol:
Lol yeah cheers mate. I'm just gonna make the most of the 2-3 weeks to train and get even fitter and make sure i pass, have you done PRAC mate?
Where did it say that on his profile ??
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Tk-Paras wrote:Feel fukin gutted, I got to catterick only to be sent straight back home because my AFCO hadn't posted my med forms to them so I couldn't do the course
Gutted for you mucker, sure it was an honest mix up. Like you said, more time to get fit I suppose! :wink:
there was 11 of us on prac and 4 passed buddy a was one of them
Well done goin-para-, bet your well pleased. They said anymore about when you are going away. If you get away in September I'll be proper pi**ed off! :P :lol:
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
Tk-Paras

Post by Tk-Paras »

SandyTheGuvnor wrote:
Tk-Paras wrote:
Tk-Paras wrote: Lol yeah cheers mate. I'm just gonna make the most of the 2-3 weeks to train and get even fitter and make sure i pass, have you done PRAC mate?
Where did it say that on his profile ??
Just asking because of his interests, it doesn't actually say it.
goin-para-

Post by goin-para- »

Tk-Paras wrote:
goin-para- wrote:was that you mucker with the skin head lol who got sent home !! dull one mate !

there was 11 of us on prac and 4 passed buddy a was one of them :)

mate it was HARD BIG TIME !!!!!! the steeplechase OMG :( death it was !

am away in 10 days 6th of september :) but theres not that much people on it so they might call of that one and take every one in october well gutted if that happens....

listen mate just get fit fast lol stick in and do well in BOTH runs not just one and okay in the other !!! give it your all and you will pass but it is HARD ! GOOD LUCK MUCKER
Nice 1 for passing mate, Well Done ! What run time did you get fella on ya 1.5 best effort and steeplechase. And how was the life essay? Fingers Xd I should have PRAC on the 14th sept now because I have to go away for my mums wedding, but as long as I pass then I should be on the oct intake still :-D which 1 were you mate?
a got 9 mins on the mile and half and 18.16 on the the other ...

a was just comein out the train station when you got told to go home a was in the green triped top blue jeans lol stick in
good luck all .. stick at it muckers
goin-para-

Post by goin-para- »

gpw2009 wrote:
Tk-Paras wrote:Feel fukin gutted, I got to catterick only to be sent straight back home because my AFCO hadn't posted my med forms to them so I couldn't do the course
Gutted for you mucker, sure it was an honest mix up. Like you said, more time to get fit I suppose! :wink:
there was 11 of us on prac and 4 passed buddy a was one of them
Well done goin-para-, bet your well pleased. They said anymore about when you are going away. If you get away in September I'll be proper pi**ed off! :P :lol:
there said there is millions of spaces left on the 6th of september just book it ask to change dates !!! they said in fact there isnt enough people in on the 6th so they might bee changein it next again mounth to the 18th !!!! HURRY
good luck all .. stick at it muckers
speedy87

Post by speedy87 »

ey up guys, just found this forum, im doing PRAC on 1st sept when/if i pass im going to push for getting to depo on 6th sept if theres spaces left but apparently there getting filled up quikly so fingers and tootsies crossed. anybody go on the insite course and what sort of run times are you all getting?

best of...... speedy
speedy87

Post by speedy87 »

gunner75 wrote:sub 7 min miles... makes me even prouder of what i achieved! im really 'struggling' now at doing 8min miles at 34.... stroll on grandad :roll: mind you, you lot should be WANTING it, the only thing in your head at this stage is getting that lid and NOT letting any jack slack get in your way! good luck to you all and remember this - the reward is jumping out of that hercy bird and being apart of the greatest brotherhood there is. AIRBORNE
i passed selection a month ago and told my self over and over no'1, win , second is the 1st looser. so i whuuped the run and bossed the phys. passed selection with 137 (B).
last week i went on the para insite course for the giggle had a bit of a bad ankle but what the hell, did 14.1 on bleep test, didnt wanna push it to hard. did well on the run lol beat the hare by about 30 seconds whoops. did well on the phys again same with the command tasks and assault course. and the log race... bugger me that was a laugh, 2 logs 11 men to a log. race on lol. my team had a poor start alot of ppl droped off early the other team had 6 ppl left on it and a pti instructor helpin them .... 4 ppl including me left on my log way behind the 1st log, haha.... pti instructor came out with on my mark sprint and so we did, we were all fooked, we over took there team and we wer that fooked i burst out laffing and found my limit but fook it i wanted this bad so head down and chug on faster. we ended up coming in 5 minutes infront of their team. what a result. when we finished i wanted to go again!!

just goes to show if you want something that bad then you gotta dig deep and take it coz it aint gunna be given to you!!!
jamesv

Re: the Parachute Regiment Assessment Course (PRAC)

Post by jamesv »

how many attemps you are allowed at prac?
Dalishus

Re: the Parachute Regiment Assessment Course (PRAC)

Post by Dalishus »

i asked my recruiter that. he didn't give me an exact number, he just basically said you'll get asked to come back again only if you show the right level of aptitude and determination and show them you 'can' be brought up to standard

assume it won't be more than 2 or 3 tho~?
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.