Share This Page:

the Parachute Regiment Assessment Course (PRAC)

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

wicked! i posted my completed application form in LAST JUNE!!!! its been a really long wait for me!! but i had issues with my med forms thanks to a broken hand. but ive finally got to this point, ive had countless calls and interviews where the army has tried to put me in another reg thats easier to get into but i never gave up, best of luck in all your applications lads :D
A White

Post by A White »

EagleEyes wrote:Just spoke to my recruitment officer, he says it's not gaurenteed but im looking at 9th August :D:D:D:D
I'm going to get in tomorrow nice and early try and get my name put down.
But looking good guys :D
Good stuff
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

Well, Got my date confirmed yesterday, I'll be joining you guys on the 9th Aug.. :)
A White

Post by A White »

EagleEyes wrote:Well, Got my date confirmed yesterday, I'll be joining you guys on the 9th Aug.. :)
Sweet
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

has anyone got their kit list yet? or any of the other docs?
A White

Post by A White »

nope haven't got anything yet, they sent id be getting something through the post.
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

Nope nothing yet, Wish they would send the kit list some time soon though... I guess we'll get it given when we go in to do the oath...
A White

Post by A White »

Same, but when exactly are we going to go do the oath?
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

mines the 31st of july, leaves me 10 days to buy and sought all my kit out :o
A White

Post by A White »

At least you have a date :o
J.Fazza

Post by J.Fazza »

Alright lads. Just to let you know that you will do your oath about 1-2 weeks before you leave for depot and you will get your joining instructions either at your oath or through the post near the time you leave for training.
I was worrying that i hadn't received anything and it was 3 weeks before i left. But, i got everything done, so don't worry lads :)

Good luck fellas
BARB - 71
Medicals - Passed
Interviews - Passed
ADSC- Passed
Chosen regiment - The Parachute Regiment
Start depot - July 12th
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Just a quick question for the lads who have done PRAC, did you get a date for that as soon as you passed ADSC? I have just rung up my AFCO to let them know I passed ADSC and they just confirmed my job choice and gave me a date to join depot, no mention of PRAC? Said something about there not being the staff up there to do it? :-?

My date was 18/10/09 so still happy with that! :D
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
A White

Post by A White »

J.Fazza wrote:Alright lads. Just to let you know that you will do your oath about 1-2 weeks before you leave for depot and you will get your joining instructions either at your oath or through the post near the time you leave for training.
I was worrying that i hadn't received anything and it was 3 weeks before i left. But, i got everything done, so don't worry lads :)

Good luck fellas
Cheers, by the way how it's going you enjoying the training?
A White

Post by A White »

gpw2009 wrote:Just a quick question for the lads who have done PRAC, did you get a date for that as soon as you passed ADSC? I have just rung up my AFCO to let them know I passed ADSC and they just confirmed my job choice and gave me a date to join depot, no mention of PRAC? Said something about there not being the staff up there to do it? :-?

Yeah i got a date a couple of days later after doing ADSC. That's pretty strange there not doing it, it was told by my AFCO and at PRAC that anyong wanting to join the Para Reg had to go and do Prac first.
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

A White wrote:
gpw2009 wrote:Just a quick question for the lads who have done PRAC, did you get a date for that as soon as you passed ADSC? I have just rung up my AFCO to let them know I passed ADSC and they just confirmed my job choice and gave me a date to join depot, no mention of PRAC? Said something about there not being the staff up there to do it? :-?

Yeah i got a date a couple of days later after doing ADSC. That's pretty strange there not doing it, it was told by my AFCO and at PRAC that anyong wanting to join the Para Reg had to go and do Prac first.
Yes I got my date a few days after ADSC. You're missing out if you dont do PRAC I really enjoyed the few days... and it was a good wake up call for a few of the guys on my course, as they found out they were no where near fit enough.