Share This Page:

the Parachute Regiment Assessment Course (PRAC)

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

cheers for the reply mate! :D
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

paraprep1 wrote:does anyone know what size suitcase/ bag we should bring for all our kit? i.e: does it have to fit in a locker, i ask becuase my parents are trying to make me bring this huge big suitcase which i dont think would fit in a locker.
i got big holdall with all my stuff in all packed and ready now cant wait
bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

paraprep1 wrote:does anyone know what size suitcase/ bag we should bring for all our kit? i.e: does it have to fit in a locker, i ask becuase my parents are trying to make me bring this huge big suitcase which i dont think would fit in a locker.
It won't really matter what you take for PRAC as you'll be able to use the big locker to store your kit as you wont have any military stuff so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

However, when you join your platoon you get a separate locker for your civvies now but its not very big so I'd take a holdall rather than a suit case, one with wheels is best though. That way you can fold it down when you empty it to give more space. The locker is only a small wardrobe so its not really big enough for a massive suitcase.

Also, it'd be a good idea to take something like this with you when you start basic:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hanging-Wardrob ... 486&sr=8-7
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

bored_stupid wrote:
It won't really matter what you take for PRAC as you'll be able to use the big locker to store your kit as you wont have any military stuff so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

However, when you join your platoon you get a separate locker for your civvies now but its not very big so I'd take a holdall rather than a suit case, one with wheels is best though. That way you can fold it down when you empty it to give more space. The locker is only a small wardrobe so its not really big enough for a massive suitcase.

Also, it'd be a good idea to take something like this with you when you start basic:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hanging-Wardrob ... 486&sr=8-7
cheers for that mate, i guess i have to find a holdall somewhere in my mysterious loft!! i would buy that storage thing however im really skint after spending a fortune on all the stuff we need! :o
Marcie boy

Prac Fail :(

Post by Marcie boy »

Hi all,

I have registered under my Son's name which is Marc (Mine is Steve), with the idea that he will start to post.

He went on Prac yesterday and passed all with the exception of the Steeple chase, when he twisted his ankle on the first part and had to limp round. He therefore missed the cutoff my 90 secs.

His report reflects this injury and he has been invited back on 1st sep, his instructor said he would piss it!! Lets hope so.

However, whist on his course 2 places became available for the Aug 9th intake and 2 lads took it, so i guess they will join some of you guys.

My question is where can i find details of the next intake, because like all you guys Marc is impatient ( PRAC pass presumed!) I seem to have raed a couple of intakes a month ? Doesn't sound right?

Cheers for any help and gl to you all.

BTW i am an ex Wo2 in the RE's. I was in when we had to the 1.5 miles in boots :) And my best time was 7.48, so 1.5 miles in trainers sooooooooooooo easy :) only jkg gl all, you have a great career ahead of you, i wish iwas 18 again, i would be in like a shot.

Steve
A White

Post by A White »

paraprep1 wrote:
cheers for that mate, i guess i have to find a holdall somewhere in my mysterious loft!! i would buy that storage thing however im really skint after spending a fortune on all the stuff we need! :o
lol, i no the feeling i'm skint now as well :D
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

well then lads last day of freedom! the fun begins tomorow! nerves are kicking in now:o

good luck to everyone still in there apllication such as gpw and mark i hope to see you in the cookhouse at some point :D !

see you there white!!
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Good luck lads! The first few days are a total head f@#k, just remember how much you want it and stay switched on!

See you soon mucker! No taking the piss when you see me in my c**t cap! :D
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
bored_stupid

Re: Prac Fail :(

Post by bored_stupid »

Marcie boy wrote:My question is where can i find details of the next intake, because like all you guys Marc is impatient ( PRAC pass presumed!) I seem to have raed a couple of intakes a month ? Doesn't sound right
There's no set time between intakes as it tends to vary, usually on the time of year (like summer leave, Christmas etc..) but a general rule would be a new platoon every 4-6 weeks.
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

Good luck to all the guys going today and good luck to all those in the application process, I know it can take the p**** but stick with it and you'll get there eventually.
Thanks for all the help with everything guys.
Marcie boy

Re: Prac Fail :(

Post by Marcie boy »

bored_stupid wrote:
Marcie boy wrote:My question is where can i find details of the next intake, because like all you guys Marc is impatient ( PRAC pass presumed!) I seem to have raed a couple of intakes a month ? Doesn't sound right
There's no set time between intakes as it tends to vary, usually on the time of year (like summer leave, Christmas etc..) but a general rule would be a new platoon every 4-6 weeks.

Ty for the reply.

Steve
Tk-Paras

Post by Tk-Paras »

Hi guys, passed ADSC Lichfield yesterday. Did my run in 8:35 and 16 heaves and got given grade a so well happy. I have been told I will have PRAC next week or week after by my recruiter and am being booked onto october intake for CIC catterick. Does anyone have any extra advice on PRAC that may be useful? And what we need to include on the written ice breaker, and does anyone else think they may be on that PRAC or on the October intake.

Cheers Guys
goin-para-

Post by goin-para- »

happenin mucker good time no as fast as me tho ha 8.20 but you did do more pull ups lol

the written test is like a more indept ice-breaker nothin to worrie about .... a HOPE lol

a have to fone this Friday for ma dates for prac and they said it would be in a week or two soooo yeah same time probs and october in take aswell sooooooo prob if wee both pass prac then yeah same reg lol

dont worrie about prac thats wot am tellin ma self you have went this far and done this well .... should be ready for it remember 110% BUDDY AND ITS IN THE BAG
Last edited by goin-para- on Thu 13 Aug, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tk-Paras

Post by Tk-Paras »

goin-para- wrote:happenin mucker good time no as fast as me tho ha 8.20 but you did do more pull ups lol

the written test is like a more indept ice-breaker nothin to worrie about .... a HOPE lol

a have to fone this Friday for ma dates for prac and they said it would be in a week or two soooo yeah same time probs and october in take aswell sooooooo prob if both pass prac then yeah same reg lol

dont worrie about prac thats wot am tellin ma self you have went this far and done this well .... should be ready for it remember 110% BUDDY AND ITS IN THE BAD
Nice one mate, that's a good time that! my pb so far is 8:15 but I was Ill about three weeks before selection which slowed me back down a bit. Where abouts are you joining from fella? Keep me posted with your PRAC date and I'll let you know mine tomorrow. It'd be cool if we were on the same PRAC and intake though. It'll make it easier starting catterick knowing someone innit.
goin-para-

Post by goin-para- »

aye sound buddy al let you know soon as.. buddy have to phone them the morn to get ma dates...

Edinburgh mate scotland