Share This Page:

Para Interview

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
EagleEyes

Para Interview

Post by EagleEyes »

Hi guys, Got my Interview coming up on the 8th, I've been revising as much as I can about the history of the paras, current operations etc etc but just wondering what sort of questions will they ask, and what did you guys who have done your interviews get asked? was there anything that caught you out?

Cheers guys...
Richard

Post by Richard »

Arite mate, i couldn't help laughing at this because i wrote a simular post a few months ago when i was doing my interview!
On my interview he asked me what do you no about the Parachute regiment?
I just told him that there are 4 Batalions, 4 para are the volenteers and i want to join SFSG in 1 para etc, he had to stop me because i kept on going..
Aslong as you look the part, sit up straight and look him in the eye when you answer his questions it will be fine, it only lasted 10 minutes my interview :)

Rick.
J.Fazza

Interview

Post by J.Fazza »

Check your pm inbox mate
BARB - 71
Medicals - Passed
Interviews - Passed
ADSC- Passed
Chosen regiment - The Parachute Regiment
Start depot - July 12th
druadan

Post by druadan »

Big things:

Units
Locations
Roles
Current deployments
Major history points

Should be plenty. But you can never know too much, have pride in your chosen Corps or Regiment.
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

They asked me what I knew about my training too, how long, what sort of stuff I will learn etc. (any questions, PM me)

As long as you show an intersest, you'll be fine mate!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

Cheers for the help guys, Did any of you get questions that you struggled with? Also are the questions mainly about the para's and the army or do they ask questions about hobbies Interests and past employment?

Thanks again/
Richard

Post by Richard »

There all friendly guys at my carrers office, so it was more of a get to no thing then an interrogation. Yea they will ask how often do you workout, what do you do in your spare time etc. It's nothing to worry about!

Rick.
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

Well, I've got my interview in 2 hours, and I'm about bricking it! I'll be sure to let you all know how I get on (unless I do bad, then I'm going to hide in a corner). Cheers for the help lads, the rest is down to me.
StevieA

Post by StevieA »

So, how did you get on EagleEyes?
Proper Practice & Preparation Prevents P*ss Poor Performace!
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

Well after all that it was only my recruiter interview! I've got to ring my recruiter this week to organise my officer interview! :evil:
But he did say that I was one of the best he's interviewed and he can tell I've been revising.. So hopefully I should have no problems with my officer interview.