Share This Page:

Long Wait for Medical Report?

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
_Mark_

Long Wait for Medical Report?

Post by _Mark_ »

Has anyone else had their medical forms sent off, but not had a reply for ages, I handed mine back to the acio about a month and a half to two months ago, The sgt says he's got nothing back yet. Just wondered if anyone else has been waiting this long.

And, has anyone practiced the 10 miler, either with or without the 35lbs? i know you dont really need to at the moment but just wondering. I did it for the first time without any weight, just a run and only partially hilly. I'm going to give it a go with 35lbs later in the week. Anyone else doing anything similar?
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Hello Mark, I'm not 100% sure about this 10 miler your talking about but, the normal time for applicants above 17yrs is 12 weeks, it can be longer if there is any specific medical problems, also if the applicant changes their mind about their job choice or there is no vacancies it can take longer.

The medical part of enlistments is by far the longest, it's different for many people it all depends on your GP's work load, how long has it been exactly if its less than two weeks give it one more and then call, if it's been above 3 - 4 give your GP a visit or call and see what's happening, Some people have had their GP loose the form so checking up is all ways a good idea.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

jstagg wrote:it all depends on your GP's work load
I handed in and collected the paperwork from the gp myself, it's been almost 2 months since i handed back to the recruiting sgt.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Lost in the post? ask for another one, and re-send it or take it back to the office.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
joe9843

Post by joe9843 »

id go back to the recuiting office and ask for the recruiter to see if all your documents have been PROPERLY sent... i only say this because when i applied i was waiting for 3 weeks, when i went to inquire why it was taking so long they relise that they didnt press a button on the computer to forward my details :x
BARB - PASSED MEDICAL - PASSED INTERVIEW - PASSED ADSC 16 TH MARCH
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

i handed my forms to the doctor last week and phoned them yesterday and they said to me that it can take upto 6 weeks to be filled in. i think its a joke myself.
BARB - Passed
Basic Skills - Complete
Reg Choice - The Duke Of Lancaster's
Role - Infantry
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Top tip for future Medicals

Book a thirty minute appointment with your Doctor and then sit with him/her until there done. Then take them by hand back to the office.

My applicants get results in around 5-7 days
foshy

Post by foshy »

thats exactly what i done i went down there and watched them fill it in then went and handed it in...got a replie in 2weeks.
barb-done
interviews-done
pre selection-done
selection-done
choosen regiment-the elite
start depot-22nd feb
skidloaf

Post by skidloaf »

I've been waiting four weeks for mine now. I asked if it would be quicker to make an appointment with the GP and go through it with him/her and I was told "NO! we don't do that for forms, it would'nt be appropriate"...yeah, neither is waiting four weeks for a form that takes 20 minutes.
B.A.R.B: 86
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: Passed
Intake: January 10th 2010 :D
Brummielad

Post by Brummielad »

What is involved in the medical forms? is it just the doctor filling in your medical history?
skidloaf

Post by skidloaf »

I believe so. There are about 5 pages of yes/no questions which need a bit of info if you've had problems in these areas.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

skidloaf wrote:I've been waiting four weeks for mine now. I asked if it would be quicker to make an appointment with the GP and go through it with him/her and I was told "NO! we don't do that for forms, it would'nt be appropriate"...yeah, neither is waiting four weeks for a form that takes 20 minutes.
i was told the same information, phoned the doctors asked if i could book an appointment to fill in my army medical forms and i recieved a straight "NO" and something about we dont do this with forms, maybe some doctors just aren't as busy as others, or some doctors do find getting these forms filled in important can't really say :-? lol
BARB - Passed
Basic Skills - Complete
Role - Infantry
skidloaf

Post by skidloaf »

I thought that but whenever I go in to ask about it the place seems really empty.
I called them again today as its been five weeks now. Just heard back and apparently the Dr is going to do it today so fingers crossed I can take it in to the AFCO tomorrow.
I'd say to anyone waiting on the RG8 to keep pestering your GP. They're getting paid to do it afterall.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

do you have to take it off to your AFCO, or can your doctor send it off for you?
BARB - Passed
Basic Skills - Complete
Role - Infantry
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

Can I just ask when you guys go to the doctors etc do you always see the same doctor? becuase every time I go I always near enough see a diffrent doctor, so which doctor would have to fill my medical forms in?