Share This Page:

Selection + Insight Course

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
partymarty1987

Selection + Insight Course

Post by partymarty1987 »

I booked myself onto a Insight course with the the regt for the 20th Feb - 22nd. I though it might be a good idea to get away from newcastle for the weekend.

Heres the problem, i go to selection up at Glencorse on the 18th. So as soon as i finish there i would be heading down to colchester. My dad has told me not to bother as its a waste of time if i pass etc. But i still wouldnt mind going down just for something to do. I done the insight course about 4 year ago and it was good fun.

So you think i should sack it off or go? i will be tired i no that much
Sportacus

Post by Sportacus »

You might be tired but if your ADSC goes well you'll be hyper and that'll see you though :multi:

It's up to you, toss a coin.
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

What will happen if i get up there do selection, then decide not to go. They've sent out a travel warrent. I'm thinking aslong as i dont use the warrant, it wont be a problem?
J.Fazza

Post by J.Fazza »

I'm sure if you pass, you will be on a hype and will want more. But, if not then give them a ring and change the date. Or just don't turn up, but i don't recommend that. Let them know.
BARB - 71
Medicals - Passed
Interviews - Passed
ADSC- Passed
Chosen regiment - The Parachute Regiment
Start depot - July 12th
kev101

Post by kev101 »

I would deffinetely inform them if your not going as somebody else my have missed out on that place that your giving up! at least if you let them know then that somebody might still be able to go.
just_me

Post by just_me »

If you don't go just return the warrent, as long as you haven't exchanged them for tickets already.
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

Nice one lads, cheers for the info. Fingers crossed i'll pass my running times etc up Glencorse, if so i no i'll go on the insight course
AddzWilkinson

Post by AddzWilkinson »

Good luck. not that bad up there :D
BARB Test: Passed
Basic Skills: Passed
Written Medical: Passed
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: - Passed Pirbright 3rd/4th December
Intake - 22nd March catterick
Choosen Regiment - Princes Of Wales Royal Regiment
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

Cheers mate, im kacking it but i imagine on the day i should get under the times :)
foshy

Post by foshy »

my mate done the insight cousre the other day he got very good on every thing...he done 102 pressups in 2min 96 sit ups in 2mins run time was 8.34 and he was one of 5 stil left on the log...and the thing thats holding him back is he has a tattoo on his neck hes been getting it lasred but he still cant join till its gone but when on the coarse the lads had tattoos on there necks and everything and they said to him dont worry bout that tat mate ul be fine but his recruiter still says hes gota wait ....hes what they want but the recruiters being a twat!
barb-done
interviews-done
pre selection-done
selection-done
choosen regiment-the elite
start depot-22nd feb
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

Can they not ring up or summik? the para recruiting team. Thats just one blokes opinion that he cant join and he might be a knob. He should ask to speak to the warrant officer at the careers office or summik
foshy

Post by foshy »

yea thats not a bad idea..getting the para insight coarse lot to ring up and say some thing il tell him tonight when im down the gym cheers for that marty.
barb-done
interviews-done
pre selection-done
selection-done
start depot-22nd feb
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

no bother mate, just one of my mates got told the same thing. But some one from the navy desk told him he would be fine and should ask to speak to the army warrant officer of the careers office. He spoke to him and they let him in after that.
Sportacus

Post by Sportacus »

Those are crazy scores :o
He must be super fit!
foshy

Post by foshy »

he is mate when he showed me his score on the paper i was like...wow mate thats impressive.....and thats whats winding him up he could to it i wouldnt say with ease but he could do it and the lads who are in charge of the insight coasre no he could do it and they need people like him...hes starting to give up with his recruiter i told him not to give up mate just keep getting the tattoo lasred and ul be fine!
barb-done
interviews-done
pre selection-done
selection-done
start depot-22nd feb