Share This Page:

Selection + Insight Course

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Al_2

Post by Al_2 »

I get that sometimes, but find I run a better time then when I fell like I'm doing a good time ( if that makes sense)?
Don't pull face's, it means nothing to me I can't feel a thing. You must drive forward.

'The Paras 1982'
Al_2

Post by Al_2 »

AddzWilkinson wrote:yeah please do and let us know his responce :D lmao!!
I spoke to him about this, and to my horror he didn't know anything about it, you think he'd remember if two of his mates were put on 12 weeks guard duties, and the RSM had come down to apologise to the people on the Insight Course.......

On the other hand the whole story could be made up, I just don't know who to believe :roll:
Don't pull face's, it means nothing to me I can't feel a thing. You must drive forward.

'The Paras 1982'
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

Yea i no what your saying mate. If i was running a bad time, like after looking at my watch, i would just stop. Hopefully i pass selection then dont have to worry about these shitty 1.5 mile times.

I can just go out and do longer runs and enjoy training :)
just_me

Post by just_me »

Mate don't even look at your watch when you're doing your 1.5m run, look at it when you are finished.
foshy

Post by foshy »

i love running but i HATE that mile and a half lol i think alot of you will agree.
barb-done
interviews-done
pre selection-done
selection-done
choosen regiment-the elite
start depot-22nd feb
Al_2

Post by Al_2 »

I think it's really hard to pace yourself, you want to run hard, but not so hard you have to slow right down at about the mile mark.

'The Paras 1982'
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

I hate that run with a passion, honestly. Im happy running 5 or 6 mile at a good comfortable pace. But the 1.5 run is horrible, i would prefer the bleep test to that run any day.
Al_2

Post by Al_2 »

Yeah I think I'd rather do the bleep test if I had the choice... but I don't unfortunatly.

'The Paras 1982'
joe9843

Post by joe9843 »

[quote="partymarty1987"]How long do you think it would take for your 1.5 run to drop? after i ran 9.10 just over a week ago, i started doing shorter runs, sprint work etc. Problem is i dont feel as fit as 10 days ago.

marty i went to adsc on nov 27 last year and done my run time in 9.55. i've been training solid doing sprint training plus distance running, my personal best the other day was 8.46, so in 2 months ive knocked a whole minute off !!! so it is possible, uve just got to thrash yourself. good luck mate.
BARB - PASSED MEDICAL - PASSED INTERVIEW - PASSED ADSC 16 TH MARCH
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

spot on above post.
you will get out what you put in. and if your running yourself ragged with a steely determination your time WILL improve.
'Every man an Emperor'
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

Alright lads, passed selection :) dont have to worry about 1.5 times anymore, i can start to enjoy training now. got 9.26 on the run
foshy

Post by foshy »

youl av to do it when u 1st get to basic mate.....i thought i saw the last of that run but unfortunatly not lol
barb-done
interviews-done
pre selection-done
selection-done
choosen regiment-the elite
start depot-22nd feb