Share This Page:

ITC Ifantrymans course para Index

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.

Do you want itcc para course index?

Poll ended at Tue 03 Feb, 2009 5:09 pm

yes
87%
no
13%

Total votes: 15

Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

I was going to suggest that we all have three guesses, but I changed my mind.
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

[quote="SandyTheGuvnor
You like a few others here DO NOT have a clue what you are talking about.

But seeing as you think you more than me i will keep quiet about the biggest change too hit para recruit training in over a decade, but you being the oracle you will already know what that is, but i bet you don't :wink:[/quote]

When did i say anything about knowing more than you!?
Couldn't you have simply said "It's all changing" or maybe less of the steroid injected anger
ffs sake, trying to help people out an get my head bitten off.
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

So now i take steroids do i what a mong you are top tip enage brain before typing
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
Sportacus

Post by Sportacus »

What's this change? :-?
Although telling may take half the fun out of going.

Unfair making me even more nervous than I am lol
Mike90

Post by Mike90 »

Mark, my bad regarding what the training schedule contains, I should have read more carefully. That said it doesn't matter what it is about, if Sandy says there is no point then regardless if 13 wannabe's want to see it there is no point.
Reference Sandy's arse, I'm sure it is lovely and all but no, agreeing that a Parachute Regiment PTI's opinion on training matters is more important than 13 wannabes does not mean I am kissing his arse. :evil:
Doesn't matter anyway does it as you were going to, and have, typed it up anyway. :roll:
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

Mike90 wrote:Mark, my bad regarding what the training schedule contains, I should have read more carefully.
Np
Mike90 wrote: Reference Sandy's arse, I'm sure it is lovely..... ....Doesn't matter anyway does it as you were going to, and have, typed it up anyway.
It is lovely, :kissing:

I thought he was on about the PT sessions, it wasn't very clear. I hadn't seen the other comments until after i'd typed it up.
I'm sure there are people including myself who would like to hear more about the changes.

Just to make it clear to anyone, i'm not claiming to know more than him (you guv), i dont (not on this subject anyway), I was on the cic para course for 8 weeks but had to leave to sort out family issues. So i know what happened while i was there, I am bang in the middle of the re-inlistment proccess right now, before anyone wants to judge.
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

Not wishing to take sides. Mark was only trying to offer an insight to the basic recruit course. I can't see that this would cause any harm. He also pointed out that his version was out of date and that potential recruits would receive the new version shortly before they join, but that it might help.

I can imagine the training team asking the recruits which ones had viewed Mark's post on MF and putting them on corrective PT.

There may be some juggling around with the programme but surely the basic subjects will be much the same. Unless Depot have decided to remove PT, Drill, Weapon Training, Live Firing, Fieldcraft, CQB, Fire and Movement, Section Battelcraft, Platoon Battlecraft, CBRN, Navigation, Tactical Exercise, Signals and First Aid altogether. Be a pretty short course though.

Many thanks in advance, for having been allowed to participate in a thread that has nothing to do with me.
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

Many thanks in advance, for having been allowed to participate in a thread that has nothing to do with me.
Stop it. :lol: :wink:
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/806d_7.jpg][img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/th_806d_7.jpg[/img][/url]

"The Regiment has served in every major campaign dating back to 1674."

3 RRF
Anti-Tanks: MILAN
Army Colours for Judo.
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Can see what your trying to do _Mark_, but even when I was given a copy it was never rigerously kept to, alot of the time for our benifit, so we got extra 'down time', and it got binned after about a week. You need to worry in Depot about getting through one day at a time, not what you may be doing in 6 or 7 weeks time! It's all progressive anyway, and why take away some of the unknown, keeps you on your toes!

p.s never get on the wrong side of the P.T.I's, or you and your whole platoon will suffer. Not saying you have, but just a warning! lol :D
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

gpw2009 wrote:p.s never get on the wrong side of the P.T.I's, or you and your whole platoon will suffer. Not saying you have, but just a warning! lol :D
Yeah i know, and i dont think my tkd will match up to well to his mma skills either.

Anyways nuff said on this thread me thinks.