Share This Page:

Different sized muscles???

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
tom163

Different sized muscles???

Post by tom163 »

I was just wondering has anyone had the problem of having two of the same muscles different sizes??? I have one forearm 5cm bigger than the other and also I have a bigger peck on the my right than my left. I hav'nt been working one more than the other to my knowledge so I dunno lol. Feel free to laugh as I think it will be another one of them things that will only happen to me :lol:

Cheers
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Forgot to add the two muscles in question are just as strong as the bigger one just smalller in size.
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

I sort of have the same, I put a book under my left hand I was doing press-ups, elevated it up. Or get a powerball, and use it in your left hand.

Werid isn't it? I just thought that because I was right-handed, I just tended to use that arm more.

Or you could try w*nking with your left! :o
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

I alternate yanking arms. lol

No part of you're body is proportionate to the other, there is usually two of every muscle in the body an none will be the same size. (Don't quote me on that, it's what I learnt from anatomy studies)
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
just_me

Post by just_me »

I'm fairly sure these things even out in the end, nothing much to worry about. I hope so anyway!
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Cheers for the input guys. Like I said its only a matter of a few cm's and I will be the one only to notice but eh well. As long as my muscles can do whats asked of them i'm not to fussed unless one gets even bigger :lol:
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

It's a good idea to work all of you're muscles to the same pace and time ect, so maybe using the smallest arm for a few activities should help after a months or so.

Glad we could help.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
?Who Shot Terry Taliban?

Post by ?Who Shot Terry Taliban? »

If your right handed your right arm will be bigger then your left
If you kick with your right leg that will be bigger then your left, you work them sides more even with out you knowing it..
RAF REGIMENT
Application: 11/07/08.
AST: 16/07/08 Pass.
Selection Interview: 01/08/08 Pass.
Health Assessment: 12/08/08 Fail.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

We know that Taliban.

Like every ones said, just even the work load *I've also one this for odd sized four arm (due to a machine i use at work) works a great deal*

I have a theory that if one arm is weaker then the other, pull ups would be slightly harder as you're lifting more with you're stronger arm.. would this be correct?
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
?Who Shot Terry Taliban?

Post by ?Who Shot Terry Taliban? »

What Im saying is for Tom not to worrie about it we are all the same :wink:
RAF REGIMENT
Application: 11/07/08.
AST: 16/07/08 Pass.
Selection Interview: 01/08/08 Pass.
Health Assessment: 12/08/08 Fail.
milleredgeside

Post by milleredgeside »

My right arm is bigger than my left arm because i cant curl absolutly correct with my left because i broke my wrist and hurts still abit, think ill always have this problem, i just try and do more reps on the left to get them the same.
Pain Is A Weakness Leaving The Body