Share This Page:

Parachute Regiment Training Questions - please help

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
jocelyn24

Parachute Regiment Training Questions - please help

Post by jocelyn24 »

Hi, I'm Jocelyn and my husband has decided to join the parachute regiment. He is in good shape and has got through all his tests/interviews at his Recruitment office in Worcester.
He goes to ADSC on the 6th November at Litchfield, is there anyone else going on that day that I can link him to?
He says if he passes he should start training at the start of Janauary, is anyone else starting then? Does anyone know a more exact date? When do you get leave (e.g. weekends off)? Our son is 4 on the 20th February, and I'm 21 (yippee) on 24th April and was hoping for him to be back for it.
Also can anyone tell me if and when he will get a passing out parade? I understand they're usually after 14 weeks, but the parachute regiment training is a bit different to normal so wasn't sure if it would be the same.
I would really appreciate answers to any of all of the questions as at the moment despite talking to my husband and the recruiting officers, and doing a lot of research on the internet, I know very little, thanks in advance.
Joc
-x-
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Hello and welcome to (i)mfat. lol!

Me and 3 guys are attending ADSC on the 6th of NOV, i'm departing from Somerset so i think we should be able to hook up on about the 2nd stop i have.

There is allways a pasing out parade of new recruits befor they attach to their chosen regiment, so if i was you, pull all the strings to attend that! it's a fantastic sight.

I think the intake in january is on the 25th (sunday). as for their time off im a bit foggy on that but im sure things will plan out for you :D

(EDITED FOR LINK/COMMENT)

Hello again, heres a link to the ADSC post

http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... ighlight=

Heres another post for some questions other people have
http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... highlight=

Here is another post for you/him to look at, with me an a couple of other guys going to ADSC

http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
agapito

Post by agapito »

The parachute regiments training is for a duration of 32 weeks, i'm not 100% sure but i think they passout after the 32 weeks not 14...however for other trades in the army apart from infantry you do basic training which is 14 weeks. Am due to finish training next week, and from what i understand its a 0700-1700hrs job unless he's on exercise or operations.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

We'r so nice here. no post goes unanswered.. kind of..
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
JayBuckley

Re: reply

Post by JayBuckley »

GATES wrote:
agapito wrote:The parachute regiments training is for a duration of 32 weeks, i'm not 100% sure but i think they passout after the 32 weeks not 14...however for other trades in the army apart from infantry you do basic training which is 14 weeks. Am due to finish training next week, and from what i understand its a 0700-1700hrs job unless he's on exercise or operations.

Its 28 weeks.
32 weeks, 28 weeks in Catterick and 4 weeks in Brize Norton. ;)
adamb

Post by adamb »

Im going to Lichfield on 6th & 7th nov aswell jocelyn. Im going for infantry 2 royal anglian, where is your husband getting the train from?
Alfa

Re: Parachute Regiment Training Questions - please help

Post by Alfa »

jocelyn24 wrote:He says if he passes he should start training at the start of Janauary, is anyone else starting then? Does anyone know a more exact date?
There will be two intakes in January, one at the beginning of the month then another will start a couple of weeks later. At a guess I would say the most likely dates for each platoon would be 11th & 25th Jan.
jocelyn24 wrote:When do you get leave (e.g. weekends off)? Our son is 4 on the 20th February, and I'm 21 (yippee) on 24th April and was hoping for him to be back for it.
On the Saturday at the end of week 4 you have a family day where, as the name suggests, your family can go up to Catterick to visit. You'll be shown round the accommodation and will be shown a bit of what the guys get up to during training so you'll see some drill, be shown the weapons they're trained on and if you're lucky you might even get to see him sent over the assault course! :lol: After this you're all allowed to leave camp and wont have to be back until the next day so you'll be able to go out for a meal etc..

After this, the next leave will be a long weekend at week 6 when the platoon will pass off the square. Then after this, unless on exercise etc, your weekends are you own. You then get a week off somewhere around week 12 I think it is.
jocelyn24 wrote:Also can anyone tell me if and when he will get a passing out parade? I understand they're usually after 14 weeks, but the parachute regiment training is a bit different to normal so wasn't sure if it would be the same.
They do get a pass out parade but because CIC(PARA) doesn't have a phase 1 or 2 it's held at the very end of training which is 28 weeks.