Share This Page:

Hats, Crap-hats, walts.. What?!

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Paratrooper01 wrote:
JayBuckley wrote:So what do the other regiments call the paras?
Who gives a f@#k!

I dont care what anyone wants to call the reg. But they better have some mates to back them up if they decide to voice their opinions.

AdamB, if you ever make it to Catterick to start Parachute regiment depot you will understand why we are better than alot of other regiments. Everyone is doing the same job, perhaps...but how they go about it and how well they do that job is of course a different matter.
Typical para' tho wer fighting for the same cause they won't hesitate to start throwing fists when they hear somthing they dont like.

(EDIT): Pressed Submit to fast.

I think every Reg should drop the stupid wer better than you idea, we all go as ONE there your SAS, SBS, Para, INFANT, ARMOUR, ARTY.. we all nail the same people..

We should be proud to say that we as ONE force can work efficiantly together better than Any other force on the planet! we have the best diciplin, uniform, tactics, moral & buddies by our sides..

I for one won't say im better than any other reg in the UK forces, i'll undoubtedly be proud to acnowledge the fact that we as one kick as.. not each others asses.

Thank you and good night.. Vote stagg for prez. lol joking
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

6 - 7, 4 in the family.. and they all agree yeah they are proud to have completed the harsh training and become a verry efficiant soldier but they all agree they can't win wars on their own.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Jstagg wrote: they all agree they can't win wars on their own.
And so do i.

Why dont you join the Parachute Regiment if there is so much history in your family?
I think every Reg should drop the stupid wer better than you idea
Not everyone is as openly arrogant as others. Having the mentality of "i am the best" naturally makes you a better soldier.

If there is a need for a military force anywhere in the world who do they look at using? Para Reg or Royal Marines are always the first to be sent in. Now i wonder why that is...
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
MajorRageUK

Post by MajorRageUK »

Hi Jstagg.

I can see where you're coming from, and what you say does make sense. But if there were no competetiveness (that can't be a real word can it?..) then I believe there's less incentive there for soldiers to better themselves. I believe that, in general, people benchmark themselves against one another and that's how self-improvement thrives. Also, I believe that everyone in the military, no matter who, should be proud of what they've achieved. So of course, the repercussion from that is the classic ''we're better than you'' argument.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death I have no fear because I am the meanest motherf***er in the whole valley." - Staff Sargeant from Jarhead.
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

Never really liked the title hats or crap hats. Always thought it was a little disrespectful, that said I never met many who cared.

Met plenty good Para soldiers in my travels and a few prats, come to think of it I had a few in my own Battalion. Remember watching some Para’s give a few real beating in the ring in Berlin and take some. Also remember putting a few including Marine's in arm locks, struggler holds when we had the Inter-service finals at their training base in Devon somewhere if I remember rightly. That said I did do what most do on a coach and sleep.( I know I am bragging a bit, sorry. :wink: )

I think that the recent conflict in Afghanistan and Iraq has shown the real metal of other Infantry Regiments, including what a great job the other support or lesser known units are doing.

The Para's are a great Regiment but I believe the gap between them and other Infantry Regiments including the Marines is not as wide as some like to believe. Just my view.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Paratrooper01 wrote:
Jstagg wrote: they all agree they can't win wars on their own.
And so do i.

Why dont you join the Parachute Regiment if there is so much history in your family?
I think every Reg should drop the stupid wer better than you idea

Im joining the infantry because of a distant relative back in 42' doing awesome things.

Sorry to sound like an utter' asshole if any one thinks it but beeing in a family of paras and hearing them down talk about other regiments realy pisses me off, tho like i said they agree they can't do it alone all the time butnow with all the technolagie the commeradery of the regiments has all but dissapeard..
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.