Share this page:

Being able 2 drive in the paras

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
dwarfy
Casual Member
Casual Member

#31 Post by dwarfy » Sun 12 Oct, 2008 9:23 pm

Yeah all i meant with my age was that in being older and more mature im aware that i will by no means 'no it all' when i pass my test. With that in mind i wont be going out driving like im Luis Hamilton, therefore when i do make the mistakes you make when still 'learning', i'll be in a position for them to be far less dangerous.

I know people who have passed that are far more dangerous than i am, purely because of thier attitude, which i think is the bigger danger for newly passed drivers. As you say, legislation needs to be changed and penalties and jail sentances increased, i personally think that is the only way our roads will become safer.

Have a look at this, its an extreme example but it happens, i just think this could have been avoided through much tougher laws on dangerous and drink driving.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/mar/10/1

My RMR det is aprx 50 miles away from where i live, its only 40 minutes on the motorway but at the moment i have to lug my kit to the train station, get a train, get on a bus, off the bus, and onto an other bus to get there, taking about two hours and a fair amount of aggrevation. :evil:

Hopefully it wont be for much longer.

dwarfy

Advertise your company or services here and contact us today!

dwarfy
Casual Member
Casual Member

#32 Post by dwarfy » Mon 13 Oct, 2008 10:31 am

davidemmerson wrote:dwarfy,

Once you've passed mate, you'll wonder what the fuss was about. Seriously, the driving test itself isn't that hard, nerves is the biggest problem I guess.
Good luck with the re-take, sounds like you have it mastered. I hope I haven't come across as big headed in my post, no offence intended, just relating my experiance- of course, everyone is different.

David.
Your right, what was all that fuss about? I PASSED this morning.
This really does make my life so much easiar, i can get to my RMR det now with ease and no more lugging kit around on public transport. It means i can get out training in the Malverns and other places near me aswell now, with my kit, which will be really usefull.

:lol:

Dwarfy,

davidemmerson

#33 Post by davidemmerson » Tue 14 Oct, 2008 10:16 pm

:lol:

Well done! Feels good doesn't it? Like I said, it took me ages to pick it up, I was dead chuffed when I passed. I guess you fell more relief?

Had a flick through that article, horrendous what happened, something needs to be done.

Good luk with the rest of RMR triaining too!

David