Share This Page:

Info on Paras

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
ParaMarine

Info on Paras

Post by ParaMarine »

Hey Lads

I went for the paras when i was 16 got all the way to ADSC and failed on the run....( I was young and under estimated the requirments and didnt train efficiently) Now im a Fitness Instructor and im seriously considering starting the application process for the paras once again....1

But i was just wondering wether anythins changed...The requirements when i did it was...

1.5 mile run: 9:30
Pull Ups: 10

Also when uv passed ADSC is that it or is there more fitness test when u get to Cattrick
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Pullups is about the same. Run time is now 9:18.

Easy peasy mate. 8)
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
ParaMarine

Post by ParaMarine »

Cheers my run time is 7:48 so ill be gud anyways just wanted to know if anythins changed
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

7:48 is pretty quick mate.

Not insulting your intelligence, but is the distance correct? Or do you run for England or something?
ParaMarine

Post by ParaMarine »

Your not insulting me dont worry lol!

Yes i run between 6-8 miles 4 times a week....Im a Fitness instructor so all i did was just used some simple methods to get my time down to that and yes the lenth is defo 1.5 mile

If your wanting to improve your times or any type of fitness then ill be happy to provide advice for you
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

ParaMarine wrote:If your wanting to improve your times or any type of fitness then ill be happy to provide advice for you
No, my times are just fine thanks very much.

Its been about 4 years since i did my army selection, so its not something i really need to worry about any more. :o
Scotty123

Post by Scotty123 »

ParaMarine wrote:If your wanting to improve your times or any type of fitness then ill be happy to provide advice for you
I'd be happy to hear some advice. :D

Any idea's to knock a minute off quickly?
BARB Test - 80
Written Medical - Passed
Interviews - Passed
ADSC - 12/1/09 - Medically Failed.
Intake - ???
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

Good time, keep up the hard work. 9 minutes 18 seconds is the run time as previously suggested.
ParaMarine

Post by ParaMarine »

Oh in ref to the PM i have that username due to both Units being awesome
Ria

Post by Ria »

ParaMarine wrote:Oh in ref to the PM i have that username due to both Units being awesome
How very safe of you, young man. :-? :wink: :wink:
galvan

Post by galvan »

yes please mate if youve got any advice as im halfway through the application process at the moment and currently running my 1.5 miler in 9.35 and would like some advice to get it down as much as i can so any gd advice is very welcome

cheers
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

galvan wrote:yes please mate if youve got any advice as im halfway through the application process at the moment and currently running my 1.5 miler in 9.35 and would like some advice to get it down as much as i can so any gd advice is very welcome

cheers
I dont know what a civilian fitness instructor would know about training for the military, but all you need to do to get your time down is RUN!!!!

There is no way around it. I did that 1.5 mile run around 3 times a week to test myself and see how my progress was getting on. Imbetween, i was doing fast 4 and 5 mile runs, and long slow endurance runs 9 and 10 miles, plus some swimming and cycling.

It will improve as your general CV fitness improves.

The main things that are going to help you specifically with the 1.5 miles is that A) ensure the distance is 1.5 miles exactly, and B) make sure you give 100% all the way. You want to be absolutely fcuked at the end.

YOU WILL IMPROVE!! :)
ParaMarine

Post by ParaMarine »

Paratrooper01 wrote:
galvan wrote:yes please mate if youve got any advice as im halfway through the application process at the moment and currently running my 1.5 miler in 9.35 and would like some advice to get it down as much as i can so any gd advice is very welcome

cheers
I dont know what a civilian fitness instructor would know about training for the military, but all you need to do to get your time down is RUN!!!!

There is no way around it. I did that 1.5 mile run around 3 times a week to test myself and see how my progress was getting on. Imbetween, i was doing fast 4 and 5 mile runs, and long slow endurance runs 9 and 10 miles, plus some swimming and cycling.

It will improve as your general CV fitness improves.

The main things that are going to help you specifically with the 1.5 miles is that A) ensure the distance is 1.5 miles exactly, and B) make sure you give 100% all the way. You want to be absolutely fcuked at the end.

YOU WILL IMPROVE!! :)
Ok theres alot more to testing the CV system than just going 4 a run 6-7-15 miles it doesnt matter yes ull gain a basic fitness but not the full potencial! I can train people for ADSC and to pass...ill i would need to know is the requirements the candidate would want to achieve and work to getting that for them! What happens when in training is not my field its the corprals
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Think you'll find that's spelled Corporal.
:roll:
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours