Share This Page:

RCB instead of Insight

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
DJSOLUTION

RCB instead of Insight

Post by DJSOLUTION »

Hey people,

A couple of weeks ago I applied to go on an Insight course weekend at colchester, however I got the confirmation slip through yesterday and it said I have been selected to go and do an insight in Chepstow at the start of september :o . Anyway my question is what is this insight for and what will be done there? I mean I was quite looking forward to going to colchester, meeting some paras and working my ass off for the weekend! Instead I get 6 hours with some normal regiment and i just cant see how the two compare really.

So if anyones done the insight can you let me know what its all about and what roughly is done there it would be a great help

Thanks DJ.
Application sent - 16/07/2008
BARB Test - 04/08/2008 PASSED
Insight course - 05/09/2008 PASSED
DJSOLUTION

Post by DJSOLUTION »

Ok so yesterday I got home to find a letter from the parachute recruiting team for my insight course in colchester on the 5th - 7th september :D . So it turns out that the AFCO im at wanted me to go on their insight course for the rifles (which happened to be on the same date) even though I said I would do paras on nothing :-?
Do you think they know theres a insight for paras or do you think they are just trying to sway me to their regiment? Has any one else been to a AFCO witch would rather you join their on their own regiment?
Application sent - 16/07/2008
BARB Test - 04/08/2008 PASSED
Insight course - 05/09/2008 PASSED
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Quite a few AFCO's seem to do this. They shouldn't.

Go on the Para course, and if your AFCO keeps causing problems, then get in touch with Reg recruiting directly via the Para Reg website, or ask about it on the insight weekend.