Share This Page:

Not sure now

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Para_Hopeful

Not sure now

Post by Para_Hopeful »

Last edited by Para_Hopeful on Thu 03 Feb, 2022 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alex4013

Post by alex4013 »

why not try for the TA?

you'll still be able to have the car and money to go out with, but also get the beastings, instruction and comraderie to make life that little bit more interesting.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Dear confused in the dark.
If you don't go for it you will regret it for the rest of your life.
Go ahead and do it,you can rejoin the civvies later 8)
mfat_man

Re: Not sure now

Post by mfat_man »

Para_Hopeful wrote:Well,I have talked to my afco a few times (although Ive not got a yes or no) about rejoining but to be honest Im not sure my hearts really in it anymore,at least not like the first time.
I just dont feel the same motivation I did the first time,I dont feel I have that drive anymore to go for it.The passions not there.(Although,when I was going for it the first time I didnt have a full time job,car o moeny to go out with.)
But at the same time I feel I do want to do it.But Im not sure Id be rejoining for the right reasons,like I look at my life now and think "wheres it going?".Theres no jobs Im particularly interested in and if I had to live on my own with the job Ive gt now theres no way I could do it.
Plus,Id feel like a loser if I didnt rejoin,its like Ive got something to prove.Like people will look down on me because I left before.
My brother did 3 years in the same TA outfit as me.

He could have been an officer, but he didn't and now he regrets it.

Don't have regrets in life.....
Last edited by mfat_man on Fri 15 Aug, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

I agree with that. I have listened to so many people and bearing in mind im 22 at the minute. Everyone i have spoke to regrets either leaving the forces or not joining. I don't want to be on the same list and i know its something i have a chance of doing. Civilian life is always there to go back to afterwards.

Mike
Alfa

Re: Not sure now

Post by Alfa »

Para_Hopeful wrote:I just dont feel the same motivation I did the first time,I dont feel I have that drive anymore to go for it.The passions not there.(Although,when I was going for it the first time I didnt have a full time job,car o moeny to go out with.)
I don't mean to sound like I'm having a go but having all that passion for joining didn't do you much good the first time did it as you ended up leaving, so there's no need to not bother giving it a second go just because you don't feel that same way.

Going in with clear ideas of what's infront of you will probably put you in a better position than going in with a certain false image of what you think it's going to be like as you would have done the first time.

You won't be a looser just because you decide not to give it another go but don't dismiss it because feelings you may have had in the past don't match your outlook today.

Think it over and decide if it's what you want now and for at least the next four years and make your decision on that rather than on how you felt last time you joined.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Para_Hopeful

Post by Para_Hopeful »

Last edited by Para_Hopeful on Thu 03 Feb, 2022 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Even though you've now got to cancel your application at least you put it in, if you hadn't done that you might have regretted it but you made that extra step that was needed to see if you REALLY did want to get back in or if you just liked the idea of it. You sound like you've got things straight in your head now and that can only be a good thing.

Hopefully you'll move on to other things now and find a new goal in life and I for one wish you all the best for the future.

Take care and good luck!! :lol: