Share This Page:

Am I fit enough to start the application process?

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
DJSOLUTION

Am I fit enough to start the application process?

Post by DJSOLUTION »

Hey everyone,

Im new to this site allthough been browsing it for a while now, I wanted to no if its realistic me handing in my application with the current fitness I have:

1.5 mile - 9:50
45 Press ups
80 Sit-ups

I know there is a dead weight lift to do and im 100% confident I could do the 120kg as I have been going to the gym for 6 months. I think this allows my running time to be 9:45??
Also im now only going to the gym twice a week and street running 4 times so by the time I have to complete the ASDC I should be alot fitter do you think its wise applying now?
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

It would be best to get your application rolling as there could be hold ups with your medical ect. If you do have doubts when ADSC time comes round you can do a practice where they do the jerry can walk, heaves, 1.5 miler and ice breaker to make sure your ready.
Topping

Post by Topping »

get your application through asap, i finished my initial form in march and i'm still going though the application process, although have jsut been deferred for 3 months for something of nothing of an injury which i had in december!
MrT

Post by MrT »

Get the application in now and train hard.

Get in touch with the recruiting team and get yourself booked onto an insight course aswell.
DJSOLUTION

Post by DJSOLUTION »

Cool cool people thanks for your replys I will get it filled out just need to get my referances sorted.

Also does anyone know once you are part of a battalion will I be aloud to bring my decks (technics) into the barracks??

Does anyone think this will be likley or should I save them for my trips back home?
LostandFound

Post by LostandFound »

I doubt it mate. No personal experience of the Paras training but certainly our grots at Lympstone didn't have room to set up DJ equipment.
BENDSTRETCHBENDSTRETCHBENDSTRETCHBENDSTRETCHBENDSTRETCH!!!!!!!!
DJSOLUTION

Post by DJSOLUTION »

lol trips back home it is!! thanks again people :D
drummerja

that

Post by drummerja »

again, i would recommend you leave those at home. storys tell, people in the barracks will die for your or save your life by risking their own for yours. but the day you leave your door unlock, is the day they go walkies. happend to a mate in the grenadiers, who had his game cube nicked in northern ireland. he was most pissed because it had his copy of mario in it! he only went for a shower, when he came back his locker had been ripped open :/
DJSOLUTION

Update!!

Post by DJSOLUTION »

Ok I just thought I would give you an update of how my trainings going since I opened this thread my PB's are now:

1.5 mile - 9:19
3 mile - 19.24
press ups (2 mins) - 61

So after just a month of training ive knocked 30 seconds off my 1.5m and can now do another 16 press ups so realistically im hoping to get my time down to sub 9 mins before ADSC.

Now im just looking foward to my insight course and awaiting my medical to come back so I can get my interveiw sorted. So all in all it seems to be going to plan and my progress just makes me want to carry on more!

So in answer to the thread question so far im glad ive started the process and I think it was the right time to do it.
Application sent - 16/07/2008
BARB Test - 04/08/2008 PASSED
Insight course - 05/09/2008 PASSED
JayBuckley

Re: Update!!

Post by JayBuckley »

DJSOLUTION wrote:Ok I just thought I would give you an update of how my trainings going since I opened this thread my PB's are now:

1.5 mile - 9:19
3 mile - 19.24
press ups (2 mins) - 61

So after just a month of training ive knocked 30 seconds off my 1.5m and can now do another 16 press ups so realistically im hoping to get my time down to sub 9 mins before ADSC.

Now im just looking foward to my insight course and awaiting my medical to come back so I can get my interveiw sorted. So all in all it seems to be going to plan and my progress just makes me want to carry on more!

So in answer to the thread question so far im glad ive started the process and I think it was the right time to do it.
What sort of date you looking at going in?
DJSOLUTION

Post by DJSOLUTION »

Looking at going in around November time if all goes well.....
JayBuckley

Post by JayBuckley »

My ankle is still screwed so i may have to wait till November as well but i am still hoping for October!
DJSOLUTION

Post by DJSOLUTION »

So before your injury what was your BFT scores?
JayBuckley

Post by JayBuckley »

1.5 mile - 8.40
56 Press ups
78 Sit-ups