Share This Page:

The 'Paras 10'

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
SandyTheGuvnor

Re: The pace men

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

Evil_Calvin wrote:Yes the pace men were awsome, especially as they were overheard 50m from the finish waiting for the clock, because they were bit early!!! :D :D :D

Thankfully I was through before them and was well happy with my time.

Great event, very busy though this year compared to last year which made the first couple of miles quite hard for those aiming for sub 1:50. Thoroughly enjoyed myself, and even bumped into a guy who I was running with last year.

Sandy - I liked the water features, and have spent half an hour washing the silt out of my boots. The last 2 hills were little buggers, however the short last "mile" was appreciated (the mile marker either was not in the right spot, or I did the last mile way quicker than the rest of the course). Finishing ahead of time works for me!!

E_C

Waiting for the clock ????? did they stop ???? or is that the way its always done :wink:
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

Can anyone make sense of the results?

They have 2 times for each comteitor... one being a "chip time." You'd think that was the most accurate, but some people are shown lower in the results than others with a slower chip time?

My brain hurts. :lol:

Apparently I'm shown as either 2 hours 4 mins and 12 seconds... or 8 seconds.... Not sure which one is right.
Evil_Calvin

Post by Evil_Calvin »

Brian,

I think the "Time" is the time from the start of the race (when the starter went off), until you crossed the finish line, and the "Chip time" is from when you crossed the start line (this was electronically captured as you crossed the line) until you crossed the finish line. For example, I started quite a way back, and my "chip time" is more than a minute quicker than my "time" and place would suggest as it took over a minute for me to get to the actual line after the starter had gone off.

I assume that if your "chip time" was only 4 seconds less than your "time" that you were very near the front at the start of the race.

Hope that makes sense!!

E_C
alfie

Post by alfie »

On the way round on Sunday there were photographers at various points is there a web site we can purchase these pictures from, were will they be displayed
This was my first year thoroughly enjoyed it and will be back next year big thanks to all organising and support staff
Plus were are the race results
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

Look at the Gallery on the Paras10 site

http://www.paras10.com/gallery.php
Evil_Calvin wrote:Brian,

I think the "Time" is the time from the start of the race (when the starter went off), until you crossed the finish line, and the "Chip time" is from when you crossed the start line (this was electronically captured as you crossed the line) until you crossed the finish line. For example, I started quite a way back, and my "chip time" is more than a minute quicker than my "time" and place would suggest as it took over a minute for me to get to the actual line after the starter had gone off.

I assume that if your "chip time" was only 4 seconds less than your "time" that you were very near the front at the start of the race.

Hope that makes sense!!

E_C
Not too sure, as some people have a chip time shorter than their race time..... and vice verca.

Ah well, I'm claiming the shortest time.... like everyone else will - :wink:
WorTony

Post by WorTony »

WorTony

Post by WorTony »

alfie wrote:On the way round on Sunday there were photographers at various points is there a web site we can purchase these pictures from, were will they be displayed
http://www.myeventphoto.co.uk/event/6031/paras10.html
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

Your review really reminded me of the day. Nice one!

I can see your point re signposting, toilets and lack of checks etc. I also noted people doing the PCoy challenge in trainers, and who knows how many may have cheated on their pack weights, as no one seemed to officially check at the start or the finish?

I can only surmise that the number of entrants made it nigh impossible.

Still a great day. If people did choose to cheat then more fool them.

Well done on the time, especially considering you having to recover from injury.
WorTony

Post by WorTony »

Brian S wrote:Your review really reminded me of the day. Nice one!
Glad you liked it.

There were definitely P Coy Challenge runners with trainers as I was pipped to the post by one of them and the photos of my finish prove it! There was no checking at the start or finish - I'm not really that miffed about it - as you said they're cheating themselves and I know what I did was the real McCoy (P Coy?). As you say there were probably too many to make it possible.

My gripe about signs and toliets aside - it was a bloody great race !!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ALL
bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

WorTony wrote:I'm not really that miffed about it - as you said they're cheating themselves and I know what I did was the real McCoy (P Coy?)
My bold: Real McCoy would be right, but the real P Coy? Not even close, it was just the 10 miler.

Congratulations though, you did well and your blog was pretty good too.
WorTony

Post by WorTony »

bored_stupid wrote: My bold: Real McCoy would be right, but the real P Coy? Not even close, it was just the 10 miler.

Congratulations though, you did well and your blog was pretty good too.
Thanks for your congrats.

It was just too good an opportunity to miss - Real McCoy - Real P Coy - it kinda rhymes you know :D .

As I have a number of friends who have taken P Coy for real I'm under no illusion that this is all you need to do to join P Coy. For me it was simply a 10 miler with weight and boots, called the P Coy Challenge which I enjoyed immensely.
gofight

Re: The 'Paras 10'

Post by gofight »

Yeah, it's nice be back here again. Miss you all guys.