Share This Page:

The 'Paras 10'

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

Water features? Great. I'm running with sand bags making up the weight. That's going to get pretty heavy...... :lol:

Back to the drawing board..... Mind you, better to find out now rather than in the middle of it..........
pedro

Post by pedro »

thanks e_c, good luck with the run
:drinking:
visaarn

Water features at what points

Post by visaarn »

Sandy - at what point do we hit major water. Should be fun if it's the last mile, more of a challenge if it's earlier on.

Is it worth wearing gaiters or is the extra weight on the feet more of a burden?
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

Water is at approx 9 miles and sorry i had to laugh at the "is it worth wearing gaiters"
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
visaarn

Gaiters

Post by visaarn »

Good news its at the 9 mile mark. Even a soft civi will cope with being soaked for a mile. Glad it raised a smile.
gunner75

Re: Water features at what points

Post by gunner75 »

visaarn wrote:Sandy - at what point do we hit major water. Should be fun if it's the last mile, more of a challenge if it's earlier on.

Is it worth wearing gaiters or is the extra weight on the feet more of a burden?
id say its more of a burden on the tootsies as they can be very heavy.... however, if your worried about that or even getting a little bit wet then a good tip is to stop, remain calm and composed, then simply place your feet into some tesco bags and tie. hey presto problem solved and very cheap if your short of brass..... :roll:
'Every man an Emperor'
visaarn

What about the umbrella

Post by visaarn »

I havent worked out how to tab one handed while holding the umbrella!

All joking aside, my only concern was shredding my feet if the boots filled up in the early miles.

Looking forward to the event - hopefully keeping up with the pacemaker.
Beanpole

Post by Beanpole »

Looking forward to the event now - even the "water feature".
Sandy - what is the terrain like where its marked on the map as 'Rough Terrain" - is it loose underfoot or hummocky?
SandyTheGuvnor

Re: What about the umbrella

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

visaarn wrote:I havent worked out how to tab one handed while holding the umbrella!

All joking aside, my only concern was shredding my feet if the boots filled up in the early miles.

Looking forward to the event - hopefully keeping up with the pacemaker.
As longs you can double for nearly all the way round you will do ok
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
Mr Dunks

Post by Mr Dunks »

Hi - apologies for the late post but I'm in the sh*t. My lift to the Paras 10 has let me down and I'm pretty sure that there will be no public transport on a Sunday.

Does anyone know how I can get to the event if I head north from Milton Keynes on Saturday? Any solutions much appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

Mr Dunks
pedro

Post by pedro »

thanks to all the marshals and race organisers today, was fantastic and will definitely be back next year.
visaarn

Thanks

Post by visaarn »

Enjoyed the day, thanks to all those marsalling the event, it was extremely well organised.

As this was my first Paras10 it was more of a recce and I underestimated the hills, especially the longer one. Still my stopwatch said 2hr 2mins and 30 seconds, so well pleased with my first effort. Looking forward to next year.

PS I have had a tender achillied on and off for a few weeks so rested it off for two weeks before today. What the best approach to recovery ?
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

And the 2 pace men were awesome crossing the line at exactly 1:50:00 :wink:
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

I clocked 2 hrs 4 mins and 15 seconds on my watch. Far better than I was expecting.

:D
Evil_Calvin

The pace men

Post by Evil_Calvin »

Yes the pace men were awsome, especially as they were overheard 50m from the finish waiting for the clock, because they were bit early!!! :D :D :D

Thankfully I was through before them and was well happy with my time.

Great event, very busy though this year compared to last year which made the first couple of miles quite hard for those aiming for sub 1:50. Thoroughly enjoyed myself, and even bumped into a guy who I was running with last year.

Sandy - I liked the water features, and have spent half an hour washing the silt out of my boots. The last 2 hills were little buggers, however the short last "mile" was appreciated (the mile marker either was not in the right spot, or I did the last mile way quicker than the rest of the course). Finishing ahead of time works for me!!

E_C