Share This Page:

Parent issues

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Wacky-Backy

Parent issues

Post by Wacky-Backy »

Hi I'm new to the website
My name is Alex and I'm 14
I would like to join the paras after Uni but i don't know how to tell my parents

My mum is a staunch pacifist
I am lucky enough to go to a public school so I'm not sure how my dad would take the news after investing so heavily in my education

How did you guys tell your parents and what was their reaction?
Please help me
Many Thanks
Alex
just_me

Post by just_me »

Just tell them that's what you want to do and they should respect your desicion. Joining the Army isn't a waste of education, in fact after Uni you could apply for a commision! But although they themselves may not like you to join the army it is your desicion and not theirs.
- In reference to your name - if you do smoke, quit now, it's so much easier to train without!
Wacky-Backy

Post by Wacky-Backy »

thanks a lot mate
i don't actually smoke, it's my nickname in the ccf as my real name is 'warnakulasuriya'
the rsm couldn't be f@#k to write it down on the board and wrote wacky-backy down instead
it has stuck
thanks again
just_me

Post by just_me »

Update your progress, I would be intrested to know how it works out for you. I'm also a Londoner still in School, would be intrested in your training progress and such!
Look around the site, there's all the infomation you could need and more! - though I don't need to tell you that!
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

I'd be interested to see how much your spelling improves.
I'm assuming that English is you first language :o
Wacky-Backy

Post by Wacky-Backy »

and what did I spell wrong?
dropdead

joining

Post by dropdead »

yeah just tell them thats what you wanna do and research it to show them your serious , my old mans a marine and im joining the paras whats the betting im gunna get some stick?? lol